CJohn

Weekend Estimates: The Purge 28.3M | Apes 36M | Sex Tape 15M | Planes 18M | Godzilla 470k +91% 198.9m!!! | More Numbers on Page 1

If you'd like some future knowledge, I can tell you that Lets Be Cops will be a lot bigger than Sex Tape, TMNT will open to over 40M (maybe even over 50), and there's a chance that If I Stay might even open bigger than Sin City 2.

(Of course, my future knowledge also told me that HTTYD2 was going to be a lot bigger than it was.)

Now raise your hand if you've even heard of If I Stay.

I saw the book at Hudson News in LAX. It had Chloe Moretz on the cover and said "Soon to be a major motion picture". They should have just said "Soon to be a motion picture"

I saw the book at Hudson News in LAX. It had Chloe Moretz on the cover and said "Soon to be a major motion picture". They should have just said "Soon to be a motion picture"

They always say that on books.

If I Stay and Get on Up were oddly trailers at Maleficent.

Get On Up is a movie that I think can do really well throughout August. I think an opening higher than 42's is possible, maybe even 35-40M is the movie turns out good. Chadwick Boseman's performance got great reactions at a recent press screening apparently.

Get On Up is a movie that I think can do really well throughout August. I think an opening higher than 42's is possible, maybe even 35-40M is the movie turns out good. Chadwick Boseman's performance got great reactions at a recent press screening apparently.

A 120 mil gross is what I'm predicting.

Yeah, but it just seemed like a odd choice to be at Maleficent given the audience is what I'm saying. (Though not as odd as having Pride and Prejudice at Charlie and the Chocolate Factory or this indie called Those Dammed United (Tom Hooper's first film) at GI Joe of all films)

Yeah, but it just seemed like a odd choice to be at Maleficent given the audience is what I'm saying. (Though not as odd as having Pride and Prejudice at Charlie and the Chocolate Factory or this indie called Those Dammed United (Tom Hooper's first film) at GI Joe of all films)

Reminds me of when I went to Snowpiercer and they played some foreign language drama trailer (not a thriller, like more rom centered). I was thinking, just because Snowpiercer is indie doesn't mean the audience is into all indies.

Pu2 11.5-13,Apes 10.2-10.5,Pla2 6-6.5,ST 4.8-5.7,AOE 2.7,Tam 2.1,22J, 1.4,HTTYD2 1.1, ETE 1, Malef 800k,BA 700k

Thanks for the #s.  :)

Good for Apes since its range is now close to the previous high end.  B)

Edited by Empire