CJohn

Weekend Estimates: The Purge 28.3M | Apes 36M | Sex Tape 15M | Planes 18M | Godzilla 470k +91% 198.9m!!! | More Numbers on Page 1

Scorsese isn't well known?? What?First batman isn't a draw, then Leo isn't a draw, and now Scorsese isn't well known?Scorsese is one of the most esteemed directors still working in the business.Also Leo is a huge draw, there is no way Wolf of Wall Street would have been a huge success without him, same with Gatsby.

Scorcese is well known to 30 years old people and onwards. DiCaprio is a draw to young people, teens, twenty-something. Not that complicated.

• Like 2

I never said Leo wasn't a draw. I said people are over estimating how big of a draw Batman is.Sorry my generation isn't familiar with Martin.

There are so many things wrong with this post that I don't even know where to begin. 

• Like 5

Also probably not happening since this Summer has been full of disappointments.

It won't go any lower than $34mil so the weekend number is going to be great no matter what.

It isn't dropping much next week either. Hercules can't hurt it. :lol:

• Like 1

There are so many things wrong with this post that I don't even know where to begin. 

Let's start with Batman. :)

Batman is always a big draw, just ask the Lego movie. And I don't even like Batman.

Edited by KATCH 22
  • Like 2

I don't see a thing wrong with this post. Please explain.

1) Batman is the biggest draw in Hollywood.

2) Scorsese is one of the most well-known directors in Hollywood, amongst whatever demographic from which you decide to choose. Not many directors are well-known by teenagers, I'd say. 

• Like 1

1) Batman is the biggest draw in Hollywood.2) Scorsese is one of the most well-known directors in Hollywood, amongst whatever demographic from which you decide to choose. Not many directors are well-known by teenagers, I'd say.

Nolan is very popular among teens. And obviously Spielberg.
  • Like 1

Every Batman film has done at least $250M adjusted. P.S.: if you point out that B&R didn't do $250M adjusted, I'll lose my shit and turn into a giant green monster.

B&R didn't do 250m adjusted.Awaiting green monster.
  • Like 1

If Martin Scorsese isn't well known relative to movie directors then we need to retire the phrase "well known."

He's 15, and like many in that age group (note I said many not most) he has a limited frame of cultural and cinematic reference

I've lost my ability to be surprised about what younger people don't know when there were twenty something who didn't know who Robert Redford was when he was cast in TWS.

• Like 5

As a teen I sit with my friends in study hall and talk about Nolan.

How many of them can name a director that isn't Nolan or Spielberg?  

And if they can name Nolan can they actually name any of his movies that aren't The Dark Knight franchise/Inception.

And if it's Spielberg can they even name 5 of his movies?

I am sure there are some cinema loving teens that can, just most at that age flat out don't give a crap about directors.

• Like 2