Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

It just hit 2pm on the east coast....... I wouldn't be surprised if she lists next weekend's numbers on Monday......

Are you kidding? She already knows the opening weekend numbers for As Above, So Below four weeks in advance.

• Like 2

There are going to be a lot of sour grapes concerning GOTG's performance and critical reception. Personally, I will not be partaking. I know when I'm licked. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Whatever other cliche works here. ;)

• Like 5

I am very happy for Karen Gillan...she was really good in Oculus. :)

She looked really amazing in this. That was some seriously good design work on her character. Hopefully she's back in the sequel and gets a bit more to do.

• Like 1

2nd weekend yes, but even 3rd with expendables opening?

Expendables 3 will be lucky to get $20 million due to illegal downloads leaking really bad. Plus the 2nd already declined. 4-5 weekends isn't that hard (can't see Sin City 2 breaking 20 million) $108 million$51.5 million ($202 million)$30 million ($252 million)$21.5 million ($285 million)$17 million/$23 million ($317 million)$10.5 million ($330 million)$7 million ($340 million)$4 million ($346 million)Granted that would require an insanely leggy run, but something this summer has to have legs, right? It's certainly possible with a $100 million+ OW for GotG to be #1 for 4-6 weeks. Late August honestly isn't that high caliber. TMNT, Let's Be Cops and The Giver are the only ones I'd say GotG really has to be worried about