Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

2 minutes! Im guessing its close to sold out status if not, no more room in here, definately older but a good amount of families. Most packed room ive been since I cant tell you when. Maybe Ride Along. Not as diverse a crowd as usual, but thats probably thanks to GOU. Well here we go! Will I become a Marvelite? We'll see. We'll see.

• Like 3

Tons of upsets for the ages are coming, I see. 

ASM2 the lowest grossing Comic Book movie of the year.

GOTG over Cap 2, DOFP, and ASM2

Interstellar over Mockingjay Part 1

Exodus over Hobbit 3

Penguins over HTTYD2

A year of upsets

• Like 1

No probably not domestic, no, fucking hell no WW.

Amen in the end...... We will see James Cameron land #1 Alltime for the 3rd fucking time

warrior Augustus.. And if we hit 2billion in 12 days, the war willl be over very fast and we need to order

a shit load of tissue paper for Panda and BKB

• Like 4

If that happens I would give yu a 20.00 paypal reward :)...

Only Batman and Superman and SWs have a chance to come within 800M of Avatar 2.

:)

Avatar 2 will do around 2 billion world wide and 525m DOM, easily within range of Avengers 2, SW7, and BvS to beat.

Avatar 2 will do around 2 billion world wide and 525m DOM, easily within range of Avengers 2, SW7, and BvS to beat.

40+MM units on HV, over 3billion in merchandise, nearly 3billion at the BO..

CEffected so many millions of people profoundly domestically and worldwide.

I think not more like 2.6-2.8 lowend, highend your talking beating Avatar 1 by over 800M..

:).

The problem with your scenario is Avengers 2 wont even make much more than 800-1B OS LOL.

Same with SW7.. Superman and Batman may get the golden age crowd if marketed well so that one could be interesting.

Bottomline if your film cant make even 1B OS, Avengers 2 is out of this race.. LOl

This won't get a 3x. Its basically an established brand which gives it a rush factor. If it opens to 90 I say 250 is ceiling.

Coming from the person who predicted this making an 80m total.

Edited by The Panda
  • Like 4

This won't get a 3x. Its basically an established brand which gives it a rush factor. If it opens to 90 I say 250 is ceiling.

First It's going to open to above 90 like 95+. Second Guardians of the Galaxy is a very niche brand. It's unknown to like 99% of the population. I never heard of it before I saw the trailer for this movie. 

• Like 1

Also Avengers might have maxed out, we all saw what happened with TDK vs  Batman 3.

Going to be interesting if Avengers can beat the first Domestically and WW. All comic films that hit

big , fall with the sequel.. Lets see if Avengers break the cycle.. Avatar will likely not get less than 550-650M Domestic

range , but if it goes the way of Cameron sequel forget aboout it... :

Never talk ceilings good buddy till we see if the kids keep and younger adults keep coming back.

This could be the 300+M dollar film folks have been waiting for.. Still it has to handle Turtles, and as we know

thats no laughing matter. Turtles looks to explode OW!!

• Like 1

It could. You never know. I put its chances of doing it at 12%.
  • Like 7