Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

There wasn't anything brave or daring in MoS. And Henry Cavill (rightfully) got criticized for his severe lack of screen presence despite his beauty.But that scene in the end was not daring. Especially not in a post-TDK world. MoS is a turd.

Hv sales shattered the behemoth IM3.. So  I dont think the fans thought MOS was a turd. :)

Also watch hoow Turtles hits 70-90+M next...Its going to be crazy!

So using RTH's highend

43m

37m (+15% from Friday day business)

29m -22.5%

109m

That's the very high end. Saturday seems inflated and Sunday's drop will probably be 20% or less.

Using 41m as the real number i'd say

41m

32.8 (-20%)

26.8 (-18%)

100.6 weekend.  :)

The Winter Solder increased 29.5%

School was still in session then. Most schools, at any rate. Think a few had spring break, but not enough to make a big difference.

Edited by Orestes

Good enough. I want a DC film to own the box office sometimes.

Green Lantern, MOS, Watchmen, Nolan's Batman trilogy, they all opened at the top of the box office.

Problem is, is that WB thinks they have to rush their DC cinematic universe, which isn't good at all.

Edited by Pokearcher

Really? So, let me see, we have a 73M Apes, a 44M Lucy and a 30M Hercules. Starting checking one weekend anywhere where 3 movies (or 2 if their totals match) opened this high. And please, chose weekends with 2 adult movies. Not a MU/WWZ bullshit. 

We're talking Apes' second weekend, know-it-all. Just look at May 2007. 44mil for Lucy, 30mil for Herc, and a higher second weekend for Apes is very possible in a better box office climate. That was my only point. 

This place would be a lot more pleasant if people didn't act all high and mighty about their box office knowledge. "Lol no" is not a response. 

Also, Apes is not strictly an adult movie. And Hercules certainly isn't. 

Edited by tonytr87

Green Lantern, MOS, Watchmen, Nolan's Batman trilogy, they all opened at the top of the box office.

Problem is, is that WB thinks they have to rush their DC cinematic universe, which isn't good at all.

They want that moolah but give them props, they pushed back the mighty teamup so they could make it the film

event it should be. Originally they wanted it out in  2014 or2015. So TW is smart. I mean they gave us LOTR and HP saga.

Disney hasnt pulled that off yet at least not at the BOX office. Now theyre on fire with Marvel though :)  Wow

We're talking Apes' second weekend, know-it-all. Just look at May 2007. 44mil for Lucy, 30mil for Herc, and a higher second weekend for Apes is very possible in a better box office climate. That was my only point. 

This place would be a lot more pleasant if people didn't act all high and mighty about their box office knowledge. "Lol no" is not a response. 

You said where 3 movies opened with higher totals than the openings of Apes, Lucy and Hercules, didn't you? Plus that was Apes 3rd weekend, not 2nd. 

Green Lantern, MOS, Watchmen, Nolan's Batman trilogy, they all opened at the top of the box office.Problem is, is that WB thinks they have to rush their DC cinematic universe, which isn't good at all.

I mean own overall not just opening weekends :) (Nolan trilogy yes, the rest not so much) Edited by Sky™

You said where 3 movies opened with higher totals than the openings of Apes, Lucy and Hercules, didn't you? Plus that was Apes 3rd weekend, not 2nd. 

Oh wow Cjohn, you went way too low with turtles  and guardians my friend. I guess this was before

the new TMNT trailers ? :)

School was still in session then. Most schools, at any rate. Think a few had spring break, but not enough to make a big difference.

I realize this but I think this is a more family friendly super-hero film more on par with Spider man than The Winter Soldier

Summer is different than April.But Guardians has surprised us so far, maybe it will surprise us again. :)

Big damn suprise an untested franchise without tons of history may open to 100-120M OW.

Thats pretty damn insane suprise Fake. :).... Still TMNt is going to hit Guardians and I mean hit hit hard!!!

" SLICE EM LEONARDO!!!"