Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

I actually find 3 of those films underrated (Texas Chainsaw, Darkness Fall, Killing Room) and 2 utterly crap. (Battle Los Angeles and Wrath of the Titans.)

Keep in mind that is TCM: The Beginning. Not the 2003 remake (which I think is underrated)

Focus your mind on it all week... I think Turtles got a brand new bag and the director needs a nice breakout film. And hey he directed battle of Los Angeles.. I definitely loved that one.

I just want to go into the theater and walk out filled with nostalgia.
  • Like 1

And thats all we and the fans need...to hold off Guardians. Wow Whoopie Goldberg is in it too :)

Heh heh.. Guardians is sure to win the second weekend alright..... We will seee.

Go GO GO TURTLES!!

• Like 1

Trailer 2 is winnng over the turtle crew.. My friend who had no interest now wants to see this as bad as her 5 and 10 yr old daughter.s

Trailer 2 is bad ass... " LETS GO SAVE MY BROTHERS!"

Wow love the battle thats about to happen....Fun times..

Edited by Superman001
  • Like 1

And thats all we and the fans need...to hold off Guardians. Wow Whoopie Goldberg is in it too :) Heh heh.. Guardians is sure to win the second weekend alright..... We will seee. Go GO GO TURTLES!!

Yep, I was iffy on the first, but the second one pulled me in. Looks like they got the turtles and their personalities right, which is all they need to do.
  • Like 1

Yep, I was iffy on the first, but the second one pulled me in. Looks like they got the turtles and their personalities right, which is all they need to do.

yeah you saw Leo blocking the fuking machine gun bullets.. .Total bad asss...

And Donatello looking like hes in deep deep shit... Im loving this

^^ Captain Jack you stilll thinking Turtles may have not earthly mate vs Guardians good buddy.

I cant believe this lowballing predicts.. Folks expecting Guardians to drop only 48-50+% vs Turtles

I think those new trailers assure a 54-60+% drop for Guardians.. Ohh a battle of the Nostalgia vs the new warriors

of Marvel coming right up.

I say Turtles is more than a match for Guardians on Weekend 2

GotG - 92% on RT, a fairly good chance at $100 million+ OW, The fact that it's original (to the general public) should keep the drop less than 55% 

TMNT - likely sub 50% on RT (sub 30% possible too), a solid chance at $35-45 million OW

TMNT came across as a complete kiddie movie to me until I found out it was PG-13. Plus, I can't see too many females wanting to see TMNT (GotG has Chris Pratt, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper - the thing is a chick magnet lol. TMNT has really strange looking turtles and Will Arnett... plus Step Up All In however small its gross is) or adults over 25-30 (Get On Up, Hundred Foot Journey, Into the Storm, Lucy, GotG... they have way too many options to randomly pick TMNT of all things) 

I'd say the Guardians are more than a match for the Turtles. $45 million OW, $130 million DOM are solid goals for TMNT domestically considering everyone considered it a dumped release before summer started. 

But TMNT doesn't have as wide appeal with the GA as you think. It will come close to beating GotG but probably fall just short

Edited by mahnamahna

Trailer 2 is winnng over the turtle crew.. My friend who had no interest now wants to see this as bad as her 5 and 10 yr old daughter.s Trailer 2 is bad ass... " LETS GO SAVE MY BROTHERS!"Wow love the battle thats about to happen....Fun times..

Yeah TMNT has all the little girls and their mothers screaming to see it xD
  • Like 1

Semi-original. But it's about as different as you can get from traditional blockbuster CBM type movies.  And I think that's what's appealing to a lot of people.

It's a space opera. The only thing tying it to CBMs is the Marvel name (and presumably all the inevitable crossovers).

Touche. I typically forget to count the Star Trek movies as space operas for some reason :lol:

I would only consider Wrath of Khan and Search for Spock to be in part space operas from the original Kirk Treks. Edited by 4815162342