Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

I know I get flack for this but it just seems like anything Marvel shovels out there, the masses love.  I don't understand what was so great about GOTG.  It just seemed so generic and like many other films.  Sorry, I know that's not the popular thing to say, but it seems to be true.  If Marvel's name wasn't on this most of you would ignore it....imo.

But, the connections to the MU are inherent to the film. And I could argue to you that you would have liked it if it wasn't a Marvel film. The argument holds no weight since no one can actually read minds. ;)

Edited by RaccoonsDineOnAAinHell™

Im just messing too. Chill chill, no issues with Baum. And Im nothing like Ijack...if that was being implied.

Definitely wasn't talking about you, don't worry

Edited by Chewy

No, not really. Everyone resorts to using Twilight and Transformers against me when I feel the opposite of the way they do. The funny thing is, you guys use these films like they are some kind of affront to me. I'm proud of my passion for those films. It's like in The Siege when one of Bruce Willis' commando's tells Denzel to step aside before he starts treating him like an Ethiopian and Denzel tells him that he's so stupid that he actually thinks that's an insult.

I only used that example because you're somehow saying an original, sci-fi movie that is something different and daring is somehow undeserving of box office success...as opposed to the rehashed and monotonous sequels that make a ton of money. It was in no way related to your taste in movies.
  • Like 2

Why are people assuming I'm talking about INTERSTELLAR?

I am....

:lol:

but a significant subset is gonna be raving loony about MOCKINGJAY too.

And BIG HERO 6

And I suppose some poor soul will fall head over heels for Horrible Bosses 2

• Like 1

Honestly, I'm mainly just happy a movie finally broke out big this horrid summer and that there's a tiny sliver of hope now TF4 won't win the domestic summer crown. I may end up disliking it, but for now this is really exciting.

Anything over TF4 and I'm good tbh.

• Like 1

I know I get flack for this but it just seems like anything Marvel shovels out there, the masses love.  I don't understand what was so great about GOTG.  It just seemed so generic and like many other films.  Sorry, I know that's not the popular thing to say, but it seems to be true.  If Marvel's name wasn't on this most of you would ignore it....imo.

I'm with you on that.

However, GOTG is the only film to date from Marvel that I love.

The others didn't do it for me.

• Like 1

Definitely wasn't talking about you, don't worry

I'd like this to confirm I saw it, but currently cant.

It was that robot with the beard and the cigar. :X

That robot was actually pretty cool. He was the Rocket Raccoon of TF4.
  • Like 1

Except.... it isn't any of those things.

It seems a lot of ppl disagree...including me. It may be inspired by a lot of what has come before, but it is nowhere near anything I've ever seen.

But, the connections to the MU are inherent to the film. And I could argue to you that you would have liked it if it wasn't a Marvel film. The argument holds no weight since no one can actually read minds. ;)

You have bulimia?  

Posted Image

• Like 2

Except.... it isn't any of those things.

It's not a sequel, so it gets the benefit of the doubt as getting to be labeled original, even though yes it's based on a comic. And a movie like this could never have come out even say 10 years ago...it was a risk and daring to make a $170m big budget movie on a somewhat obscure comic book with a very odd cast of characters and hard sell to the masses.
  • Like 3