Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

Why paramount let Iron Man go then ?

They dragged their feet on making it and I believe licensing ran out but they struck a deal to distribute it and then later sold those distribution rights to Disney The same as what happened with Thor and CA.  And recently Blade, Ghostrider and Daredevil.

They asked use of for The Silver Surfer and were willing to give Fox more time with FF and Daredevil.  But Fox said no and then Daredevil lapsed and went back to Marvel and Fox stretched out the 7 years to do FF to it's limit.  Marvel and Sony have a better working relationship than Marvel and Fox after Fox sued Marvel for their TV series Mutant X when there was a dispute over if they all TV rights or just animated TV rights claiming Marvel was hurting Fox's brand. Now Marvel doesn't even do Animated X-Men and doesn't sell toys to help promote the movies because ef'em.

I really dislike Fox as a company as a whole, Rupert Murdoch is one of the reasons people hate big business owners.

I can't deny that I liked their movies this year, but the company annoys me.

• Like 1

Paramount originally was working with MCU to build the Avengers universe, and then Disney bought out Marvel and got Iron Man and Avengers rights with it.

Dumb move by Paramount. 

Should've been a jerk like Fox.

Disney have cash to burn. 

The Hollywood Marvel Comic Book Spectrum:

Posted Image

What amazes me is that Marvel has the cojones to create an entire cosmic universe without essentials like Silver Surfer and Galactus...or even the FF. Their doing it with Star-Lord, Groot and Rocket Raccoon and making Fox look like fools. 

Plus, WTH was Fox thinking not taking all that came with FF? Like the Kree, Ronan, etc? How did they fall through the cracks and stay with Marvel? But, I guess it's like The Punisher first being a Spider-Man foe/ally, just because they first appear in a certain character's book, that doesn't necessarily mean they are exclusive to them.

• Like 1

They asked use of for The Silver Surfer and were willing to give Fox more time with FF and Daredevil.  But Fox said no and then Daredevil lapsed and went back to Marvel and Fox stretched out the 7 years to do FF to it's limit.  Marvel and Sony have a better working relationship than Marvel and Fox after Fox sued Marvel for their TV series Mutant X when there was a dispute over if they all TV rights or just animated TV rights claiming Marvel was hurting Fox's brand.  Now Marvel doesn't even do Animated X-Men and doesn't sell toys to help promote the movies because ef'em.

That's really annoying, all of the X-Men animations are much better than whatever they are showing now, and I really wanted DOFP toys and comic books etc :(

Businessmen ruin everything :(

I would think Disney have enough cash to buy out X-Men and FF rights tho?

Edited by Sky™

They asked use of for The Silver Surfer and were willing to give Fox more time with FF and Daredevil.  But Fox said no and then Daredevil lapsed and went back to Marvel and Fox stretched out the 7 years to do FF to it's limit.  Marvel and Sony have a better working relationship than Marvel and Fox after Fox sued Marvel for their TV series Mutant X when there was a dispute over if they all TV rights or just animated TV rights claiming Marvel was hurting Fox's brand. Now Marvel doesn't even do Animated X-Men and doesn't sell toys to help promote the movies because ef'em.

Hey Fox:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symbiosis

That's really annoying, all of the X-Men animations are much better than whatever they are showing now, and I really wanted DOFP toys and comic books etc :(

Businessmen ruin everything :(

I would think Disney have enough cash to buy out X-Men and FF rights tho?

They could probably buy em out if they wanted to, but I doubt they would want to, especially for the prices FOX would want. I do hope Marvel can get the FF back if the new one bombs, though.

• Like 1

They dragged their feet on making it and I believe licensing ran out but they struck a deal to distribute it and then later sold those distribution rights to Disney The same as what happened with Thor and CA. And recently Blade, Ghostrider and Daredevil.

Man Thing is also back at Marvel, so that diagram is wrong.
  • Like 1

What kind of drop are you guys expecting for Guardians next weekend? I'm going with -55% drop.

Hoping under 60. Don't want another 90M + OW followed by a 60+% second weekend drop. 

I can see Guardians falling (sorta) hard next weekend, much like any other superhero film, then stabilizing by weekend 3 like Cap. So I'll say 54-57% next weekend

• Like 2