Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

There's definitely something to be said for multiple viewings of GOTG. I've seen a lot of people say they want to go see it again, and it's such a visually beautiful movie that it really should do well with regards to rewatchability.

There's lots to see.

I hope your not on the Turtles will flop kitik. I definitely see them breaking out.. Did you see Trailr 2 yet? :)

Disney releases fewer movies and still gets 2nd or 3rd.That means they are averaging alot more per movie.

Disney also makes the most money with merchandise sales. Marvel, Disney Animation, Pixar and Star Wars sell a HUGE amount of merchandise every single year! :excited:

• Like 2

Nobody can mess with Disney right now.They have an Infinity Gauntlet with 4 gems: Marvel, Disney Animation, Pixar, and Star Wars.

Boyhood Disney will never get a film reviewed that good. Disney is a good buffet but boyhood is Kobe beef. True quality of film making.

Disney also makes the most money with merchandise sales. Marvel, Disney Animation, Pixar and Star Wars sell a HUGE amount of merchandise every single year! :excited:

Yep Disney with the acquirement of Marvel and Lucasfilm has become totally dominant of the merchandising market

now. Cant wait to see the numbers when SW7 does well

• Like 1

I simply can't accept mere casting choices as evidence that the production's creative team "doesn't care".

I can. Also that Trank's script has been rewritten, adapted and revised more times than one of Obama's speeches. There's a story(Trank), a story and screenplay(Slater), a screenplay(Kinberg) and "revisions"(Nowlin).

With that much tinkering going on, I'm pretty sure Fox is in control of this production. ;)

• Like 2

With it's Saturday figure I'm thinking it's reasonable to expect a better than average drop for tomorrow---you think?

I'm going with the average drop, just to be on the safe side. Better to be safe than overestimate and be disappointed! ;)

• Like 1

Is GOTG tracking close to $100 million ?

With Monday being a Holiday in most of Canada, it will affect the box office by at least a million or so, as people may choose to watch the film on Monday instead.

Also, the Monday box office will be higher than usual due to the Holiday.

Edited by Annayya

I can. Also that Trank's script has been rewritten, adapted and revised more times than one of Obama's speeches. There's a story(Trank), a story and screenplay(Slater), a screenplay(Kinberg) and "revisions"(Nowlin).

With that much tinkering going on, I'm pretty sure Fox is in control of this production. ;)

It's a wonder that FC and DOFP were as good as they were. FOX must have decided to take a hands off approach with the X-men these days. Seems to be working since DOFP has revitalized the franchise! :o

Is GOTG tracking close to $100 million ?

With Monday being a Holiday in most of Canada, it will affect the box office by at least a million or so, as people may choose to watch the film on Monday instead.

Also, the Monday box office will be higher than usual due to the Holiday.

That'll probably help its Sunday hold a little, too.

Never thought of that. If there is a holiday on Monday, do Sundays historically do better than usual ? 

Usually. People are more likely to see a movie on Sunday if there is a holiday on Mon, Sunday night sales should be better at least.

• Like 1

32+ would be a great #. :)

BTW, another thing that is cool about this film is how all these great songs from the 70's are going to find a new audience with younger kids. :) Youtube likes for Elvin Bishop, Redbone, Blue Swede, Five Stairsteps, etc are going to increase quite a bit. :)

Edited by Adam
  • Like 1