Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

non-sequel late July/early August over $80m adjusted:

Signs – 84/320 (original story, old fashioned legs)

Simpsons – 88/217 (essentially just a big budget episode of the TV series)

POTA Remake – 99/259 (very poor WOM compared to GOTG)

That's it. Cap 1 is the closest comparison we have to work with, which gives us $260m & that seems a bit light considering how loud the praise is for this compared to Cap 1.

Winter Soldier

Batman Forever but with Spider-Man

Days of Future Past

Guardians of the Galaxy

what a great year for CBMs, can't wait to see it.

Edited by cory
  • Like 1

Thor dropped less. But in the summer drops are usually harder since more demand is burnt off from days 4-7.

Yeah and someone mentioned a Canadian holiday on Monday so it may burn off more demand.  Of course it could inflate this weekend more as well.

• Like 1

Spiderman?

^ This.

I didn't follow the B.O that close back then. Anyone was around on it's opening weekend? How big it was back then? Was it like, everyone must see it THIS week? I remember feeling a bit shocked when I saw that opening number, I didn't realise 100m+ weekend could happen.

Edited by KATCH 22
  • Like 1

Still holding out hope that GOTG can do a few hundred K above $100m. 

I'm pretty much over DOTPOTA's legs at this point.

22JS missing $200M sucks but its legs were great for a comedy sequel so it's fine. 

• Like 1

Still holding out hope that GOTG can do a few hundred K above $100m. 

I'm pretty much over DOTPOTA's legs at this point.

22JS missing $200M sucks but its legs were great for a comedy sequel so it's fine. 

I thought its legs were alright given this is an 8th X-Men movie and it opened Memorial weekend

• Like 2

For anyone who's still on the fence, GOTG is one of the most visually stunning movies of all time.

If you have IMAX anywhere near you, it's worth a bigger screen. Many of the shots are worth 3D too.

It's also in DAT RATIO HNGHH

• Like 1