Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

I didn't even think I was that bad... I was guessing around 80m OW.

I was convinced it wouldn't do more than low 70s because of its oddball concept and approach. For BSG preseason I predicted Thor 1/Cap 1 numbers

• Like 1

If he dropped the ball in the second half, then the first half was a wild pitch, airmailed throw to home, and bobbled cut-off.

I enjoyed all of the characterization in the first half. The second half bored me to tears.

Honesty the release date is what killed MOS the most.

I agree folks keep forgetting Superman has always done well in XMas.. Superman 1 , Superman 2.

I think the crowded summer hurt it too HEat.. It would have easily hae made 350-400 M and 900M to 1B+ WW

had it been a Nov or Xmas less crowded release.

I really cant see anything preventing  Bvs from beating Avengers unless they screw up quality wise.

They got the marketing team now, and they got the top comics to use as a guiding point. How can they fail.

Synder is a very capable director.

Keep the faith I think hes not stuckup like Bay and  will listen to what we want.. We cant have Avengers beating  Superman and BAtman debut.. This has been prayed for and fought for even longer thanSM1 finally comng out to the boxoffice. We need your energy... Think Positive...Snyder did do a good Job with that cool SH film with owlman.Just wasnt fun enogh for fans, but rem alot of folks said its the best adapted film of a comic book of all time. Synder has the force within to do it..  I think he will.. ANd this time its not just Goyer writing. :)

Watchmen was great but it was a very literal adaptation.Everything about DoJ seems like a clusterfuck of epic proportions. Gal is pretty, but has very little screen presence from what I've seen of her. Henry is beautiful, but about as charismatic as a snail. Affleck is the only one with genuine talent out of the three.I would love to be proven wrong, though.
  • Like 1

Hopefully studios get the message and quit all of the remake/dark reboot crap (like two live action Jungle Book and Tarzan movies coming out, really??) and start coming up with some more fresh adaptions like this.

WB could learn a thing or two from Marvel.

Edited by Pokearcher

I agree folks keep forgetting Superman has always done well in XMas.. Superman 1 , Superman 2. I think the crowded summer hurt it too HEat.. It would have easily hae made 350-400 M and 900M to 1B+ WWhad it been a Nov or Xmas less crowded release. I really cant see anything preventing  Bvs from beating Avengers unless they screw up quality wise. They got the marketing team now, and they got the top comics to use as a guiding point. How can they fail.Synder is a very capable director.

Snyder is capable but not consistent.
  • Like 1

Love how you say that, one does reach 1.5B without targeting the 60-90 yr old demo.

Oh Im just saying Avengers did get some older generations, just doesnt stir up folks 60-70+

like a Superman and Batman and Avatar film does. This is my opinon of course.

We will see are you seeing Avengers 2 surpassing the fiirst by alot neo?

Problem is I think Avatar 2 will hit 2B WW.

Doesn't this mean that you think Avatar 2 won't hit 2B.

I'll do a bet with you or Kal that one of the following goes over 2 billion and over Avatar 2 WW

Avengers 2, Star Wars 7, or Batman v. Superman

Nearly a 100 yrs of wait, all these top writers working on it... TW has stolen some of Disneys best marketer team..

I beg to differ Noctis...Its not only possible its likely. Kevin Smith says this film may reach Titanic numbers WW.

IT will be insane, but it depends like Ethan says on quality and marketing. This time they have

to make trailers as good as MOS , but deliver a film far better in quality than Avengers and Captain America2 or just as good

Who are these top writers?

I kinda liked it too, but I'm very easily satisfied with movies so maybe that's why.

Heh! I admit at times its not hard to please me, but more often than not, that's not the case.

I just enjoyed TASM2

Edited by Pokearcher

I'd rather see James Cameron doing Battle Angel than 3 sequels to Avatar. And Emily Blunt being cast in it.

I remember he wants a young female gymnast for Battle Angel because of her strength, agility, and tone of her body, mostly for motion capture.  Don't know who would be Alita.

Watchmen was great but it was a very literal adaptation.Everything about DoJ seems like a clusterfuck of epic proportions. Gal is pretty, but has very little screen presence from what I've seen of her. Henry is beautiful, but about as charismatic as a snail. Affleck is the only one with genuine talent out of the three.I would love to be proven wrong, though.

I thought Henry was the best thing since Tom Welling to hit the Superman franchise.

I disagree he owned tons of scenes, but they rushed the fuking thing to the Zod fight. Huge mistake should have had more

character building moments with even zod and clark and build to it..

And most folks loved the daring ending of what Superman was forced to do.. How many directors and writers would have gone

for that outcome. I like their bravery. They were determined to make Clark make hard decisions.