Neo

Gravity | Re-released on 2D and 3D January 17 | IMAX 3D on January 31! | 100M+ WW IMAX

How close are any of those to selling out?

Not particularly close, honestly, from the theaters I've checked. Not too surprising -- some showtimes literally just came up today and it's not like this is a pre-known or pre-existing franchise. I don't expect it to do any sort of significant numbers for sneaks.

I do think it's gonna get great WOM -- this is a movie that inspires superlatives. There will be a few dissenters, but a lot of extremely passionate supporters.

Case in point, another screening just finished:

@mystikalgyrl

Just saw #gravity staring Sandra bullock with @tamikles and I held my breath most of the movie! #moviescreenings @seattleweekly @gofobo

9/30/13 9:45 PM

@charlie_mccollu

Packed house at #Gravity screening. Turned away more than 100 folks. Haven't seen that in a long while even for summer blockbusters

9/30/13 9:42 PM

@dreamflyer100

Huge thanks to @1AlineLe & @wbpicturescan for tonight's screening of #Gravity!!! Magnificent & beautiful!!! Yup, I cried at certain parts.

9/30/13 9:07 PM

@ethenell

#Gravity: There aren't enough superlatives in existence to adequately describe Cuaron's towering cinematic achievement. Masterful. (10)

9/30/13 9:02 PM

@BrentMMcKnight

Three words: Holy Fuck, #GRAVITY

9/30/13 8:54 PM

@dan_something

Saw #Gravity today and was visually & emotionally overwhelmed. If Oscar race comes down to this & #12YearsASlave I'd happily declare a tie.

9/30/13 8:50 PM

Edited by Telemachos

This has the most 'real-world' hype I've come across since Man of Steel. And unlike Supes, I don't expect Cuaron to disappoint people! 

The only people disappointed are going to be the artistes that're pissed Cuaron made a Hollywood movie instead of Y TU MAMA 2 or the cinephiles who're pissed he didn't try to out-do 2001 in nuanced trippyness.

• Like 3

The only people disappointed are going to be the artistes that're pissed Cuaron made a Hollywood movie instead of Y TU MAMA 2 or the cinephiles who're pissed he didn't try to out-do 2001 in nuanced trippyness.

I was reading some of those tweets and I feel like someone may have spoiled the ending. Is it a

cop out/"oh of course" type of ending?

Just sort've a yes or no please.

EDIT: The guy who potentially spoiled tweeted another saying thats not how it ends, he was just wondering what it would be like if that happened. So maybe he didn't spoil, and he doesn't look like he saw it early.

Edited by Twerkdrew

I was reading some of those tweets and I feel like someone may have spoiled the ending. Is it a

cop out/"oh of course" type of ending?

Just sort've a yes or no please.

I'm not quite sure I understand that criticism; no, I wouldn't say that at all.

edit: okay, I think I know what they're getting at, but I can't comment further because of spoilers. It's an absurd criticism, though.

Edited by Telemachos

Watched it last night and yes it is amazing! Words can't fully describe how I felt watching it. This is probably the best use of 3D and I hate 3D in general haha. What Cuaron pulled off here is spectacular! And yes this is Sandra Bullock's BEST performance! Please watch it in the largest screen possible :)

Edited by forg
  • Like 7

Watched it last night and yes it is amazing! Words can't fully describe how I felt watching it. This is probably the best use of 3D and I hate 3D in general haha. What Cuaron pulled off here is spectacular! And yes this is Sandra Bullock's performance! Please watch it in the largest screen possible :)

When does it open here? This weekend?

Watched it last night and yes it is amazing! Words can't fully describe how I felt watching it. This is probably the best use of 3D and I hate 3D in general haha. What Cuaron pulled off here is spectacular! And yes this is Sandra Bullock's BEST performance! Please watch it in the largest screen possible :)

:bravo:

If he makes Y Tu Mama Tambien in Space that would be something