Neo

Gravity | Re-released on 2D and 3D January 17 | IMAX 3D on January 31! | 100M+ WW IMAX

Hey, Tele, or anyone else whos seen this, does the 3D glasses not take away from the images? I really wanna do IMAX so I may have to just settle for 3D and take a load of Excedrin beforehand, but I mean space is already dark, so don't the glasses just make it darker? Or will they be lightening the picture up to offset this?

Edited by Twerkdrew

Hey, Tele, or anyone else whos seen this, does the 3D glasses not take away from the images? I really wanna do IMAX so I may have to just settle for 3D and take a load of Excedrin beforehand, but I mean space is already dark, so don't the glasses just make it darker? Or will they be lightening the picture up to offset this?

I didn't have any issue with dimness (although I didn't see it in IMAX-3D). I think you'll be fine, brightness-wise.

• Like 1

Sorry, I guess I'm thinking of XpanD (the Arclight glasses).

There was another round of screenings today:

@IAMDWATSON
#Klout #gravity was a great dramatic movie!!
9/30/13 6:11 PM

@James_Kruse
Just saw the best space movie ever made! Thanks #gravity @wbpictures @klout
9/30/13 6:10 PM

@patrickzfilms
#Gravity was the most stressful movie Ive ever sat through! Gravity does to space what Jaws did to the ocean! #klout
9/30/13 6:10 PM

@ZSharf
#GRAVITY is beyond. Cuaron & Bullock are Oscar locks. Truly something you've never heard, felt, or seen before. MANDATORY THEATER VIEWING
9/30/13 6:06 PM

@lastchancealfy
I just saw #Gravity thanks to #Klout - I haven't seen a movie like that in years. Coming from a scientist family, they got it all right
9/30/13 6:03 PM

@ninu29
That movie was....wow! IM NEVER TAKING AIR FOR GRANTED EVER AGAIN! #GRAVITY
9/30/13 5:58 PM Edited by Telemachos

I'm watching Castle, and I just saw a spot completely dedicated to James Cameron's rave. Cool stuff

Just saw a spot during the Miami-Nola game too. It was basically a cut of the latest trailer, but still friggin sweat. WB's marketing has been on point.

Edited by Twerkdrew

I wouldn't be surprised if this was one of those movies where Nikki or RTH or whoever will pop in at like 5pm and be like "based on matinees we're looking at $18-20M", then the boards go insane and 80% of the people who were here over the summer actually come back. I just feel like the masses are going to show up more than we expect, plus the IMAX 3D premiums dont hurt either...it feels like a special event.

Edited by Twerkdrew

I can't wait to see this and expect a great movie. But, I don't think the buzz is as high as people on here are expecting. Sadly.

It will have great legs ala Argo. Even though I wouldn't be surprised if it did a "$18-20M Friday", I'm realistically expecting mid-30's for the weekend, but legs for this, Captain Phillips, and 12 Years will be phenomenal. Buzz may not be "high" now, but that doesn't mean it cant catch on. I don't think theres anyone who can honestly say they were expecting $136M from Argo after that $19M OW, heck I didn't even see it passing The Town at $92M.

Edited by Twerkdrew
  • Like 1