Neo

Gravity | Re-released on 2D and 3D January 17 | IMAX 3D on January 31! | 100M+ WW IMAX

[*]

SaBu looks freakin amazing here. Sure, they airbrushed her legs to look smooth and cellulite-free but nonetheless the lady's in top form.

[*]

Gravity = worth the price of IMAX 3D admission. Curse anyone who'll pay the same for that waste of celluloid DIE Frankenshite. Wake up, ppl!

[*]

Seriously, AMPAS, make history, award this groundbreaking sci fi.

[*]

Finally a movie that embraces simplicity and 90 min running time. Not an ounce of fat here, no unnecessary, elaborate subplots, no bloat.

[*]

Best Picture, Director, Actress, Editing, Cinematography, Score, SFX, Sound Mixing, Sound Editing, Production Design.

[*]

Gravity wow sensational! What a heroine!How could SaBu NOT win for this? Role like this comes once in a lifetime. Totally iconic. Bravo all!

• Like 7

Very good movie.  Technically perfect, but I agree with others that found it rather predictable and that the last 3rd falls short.  An hour and a half is the perfect length for this movie.  Five or 10 more minutes of

Murphy's law (IN SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE) would have worn thin and tripped the thing into wink-and-nod territory

.  It's a simple human story told using extraordinary means, and it works on most of the levels that count.

See?  Even the fish knows its scifi.

:stirthepot:

I don't see how this movie is sci fi. An astronaut can get lost in space. That is not unrealistic. Also, from what I have heard the movie follows the laws of space (no sound in space, no explosions in space etc) 

Peter Jackson Gravity Review :

I ll wait for the 3 hour Special Ultra Extended Limited Edition 4 Blu Rays pack ( Space Helmet Edition) Next January.

As it is, the movie didn't make much sense, not enough backstory on the space suits.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 4

I don't see how this movie is sci fi. An astronaut can get lost in space. That is not unrealistic. Also, from what I have heard the movie follows the laws of space (no sound in space, no explosions in space etc)

Science fiction can be realistic. Indeed, most written hard SF is far more realistic than 99% of science fiction movies.

You logic to define sci-fi is so laughable ... 

there is Washington Post's review quoted:

Gravity succeeds simultaneously as a simple classic shipwreck narrative (albeit at zero-gravity), and as an utterly breathtaking restoration of size and occasion to the movies themselves.

Can someone please re-put it in another way, so I can get what exactly the reviewer means ?

tks

• Like 1

So 2001 A Space Odyssey is a drama with your definition. 

there is Washington Post's review quoted:Can someone please re-put it in another way, so I can get what exactly the reviewer means ? tks

That on one hand it's an intimate small-scale story essentially involving only two people, and on the other it's so visually and technologically astounding that it's one of those rare movies that makes you go "holy shit, how did they do that?" It's both intimate and epic.
  • Like 1

Sandra was incredible. The movie was beautifully directed in many aspects. I love it. That's all. Go see it people! My theater was quite busy tonight, I hope the Sat number surprise us.

• Like 1

Very good movie.  Technically perfect, but I agree with others that found it rather predictable and that the last 3rd falls short.  An hour and a half is the perfect length for this movie.  Five or 10 more minutes of

Murphy's law (IN SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE) would have worn thin and tripped the thing into wink-and-nod territory

.  It's a simple human story told using extraordinary means, and it works on most of the levels that count.

I cant agree with this. The last 5 minutes alone were the most thrilling, nerve racking, and emotional ive experienced in the theater. And as I was watching I couldn't figure out what was going to happen next. And I mean it was obvious

that she was going to live. When's the last time the soul survivor dies? It'd put a sour on the story.

And the

reentry IMO was better than the shuttles and space stations getting destroyed.

We all have opinions, but I just don't see how act 3 fell short. It couldn't have ended any better in IMO.

As popcorn entertainment, Gravity is near-brilliant at it.

But all the people saying that 90 minutes was absolutely perfect as a running time and anything more would be a disaster are being too narrow-minded. For the bare-bones plot, bare-character story it told, yes 90 minutes was near the maximum a film like Gravity could take. But if Cuaron had wanted there to be more character development and more emotional stakes beyond just SURVIVE, then Gravity could easily have withstood a longer running time.

Edited by 4815162342

As popcorn entertainment, Gravity is near-brilliant at it.

But all the people saying that 90 minutes was absolutely perfect as a running time and anything more would be a disaster are being too narrow-minded. For the bare-bones plot, bare-character story it told, yes 90 minutes was near the maximum a film like Gravity could take. But if Cuaron had wanted there to be more character development and more emotional stakes beyond just SURVIVE, then Gravity could easily have withstood a longer running time.

I have to disagree. That is part of the beauty of this film.