Neo

Gravity | Re-released on 2D and 3D January 17 | IMAX 3D on January 31! | 100M+ WW IMAX

They're both great directors -- GDT is a lot geekier than Cuaron, though.

I see Del toro as somewhat like Tim Burton...a great stylist but not the strongest storyteller.Ok, in all fairness, he's a better filmmaker in Spanish. Or at least, his Spanish language films are his strongest. Cuaron though...in every way is a master filmmaker. Not even a competition for me.

GTD is way overrated, imo.

Del Toro doesn't have Cameron's ambition (maybe studios trying to reign him in), or his technical

bravado. Del Toro remains a modest storyteller rather than a ball-busting visionary everybody has been

bandying about.

I say bring back De Palma back. Show the kids how to set up a classic shot.

Edited by zackzack

@azizansari

Loved Gravity but disappointed I didn't even get to audition for the role of the goofy Indian astronaut. #MyWheelhouse (cc @AlfonsoCuaron)

10/8/13 11:24 AM

I agree with this, not with having Aziz Ansari as the astronaut, but with any Indian actor. This could have been a cool little cameo for any Indian actor to make.

Also, since Grace Randolph took an off-hand comment in an interview and turned it into a feminism comment, I have to say that Grace is being racist by referring to the Indian astronaut as "The black guy

who dies first

" in her review. All non-whites look the same to her  :P

Edited by grim22