Neo

Gravity | Re-released on 2D and 3D January 17 | IMAX 3D on January 31! | 100M+ WW IMAX

I don't know how anyone could possibly be going in expecting something like that from the trailers and clips so far.  It looks exactly like what it is, an intense survival thriller in space.

I think the occasional comparison to 2001 might be misleading (it's accurate in terms of scientific accuracy and height of technical achievement, but the two films have completely opposite intentions), and also some people might go in expecting that initial action (the disaster) followed by a more meditative, contemplative art film. This is more from early expectations, though -- the current batch of trailers and TV spots are all action, action, action.

Woo another non-Marvel, non-DC, non-Pacific Rim thread hitting 100! On track to see this Friday btw. My bday is next saturday so I think my gf is taking me in IMAX. I just PRAY they have Imax 2D times. If its 3D only I'll just do a conventional screen.

I have no idea what to expect. 

Me either and I'm stoked. Ive watched all the trailers and spots and I still cant figure out what happens. I LOVE these types of movies that give you a headache from trying to figure out how it ends. I'm not even so confident they make it back to Earth, you just don't know, but we'll find out in 7 days.

Edited by Twerkdrew

Woo another non-Marvel, non-DC, non-Pacific Rim thread hitting 100! On track to see this Friday btw. My bday is next saturday so I think my gf is taking me in IMAX. I just PRAY they have Imax 2D times. If its 3D only I'll just do a conventional screen.

Me either and I'm stoked. Ive watched all the trailers and spots and I still cant figure out what happens. I LOVE these types of movies that give you a headache from trying to figure out how it ends. I'm not even so confident they make it back to Earth, you just don't know, but we'll find out in 7 days.

I have barely seen any footage. 

• Like 1

No no, see it in 3D. Srsly. (I'm not sure there are going to be IMAX 2D shows at all, actually. There are currently none in the LA area).

• Like 1

No no, see it in 3D. Srsly. (I'm not sure there are going to be IMAX 2D shows at all, actually. There are currently none in the LA area).

3D makes me sick so seeing it on an even bigger screen isnt the best idea haha. Hopefully theyll have atleast 1 showtime in 2D, if not too bad i guess. That's just $24 they'll be missing out on. It should be clear 3D isn't the majorities #1 choice.