Neo

Gravity | Re-released on 2D and 3D January 17 | IMAX 3D on January 31! | 100M+ WW IMAX

@greglazcano

Gravity. Holy Shit. That is all. #ThankYouCuaron

9/26/13 10:12 PM

@greglazcano

From a first viewing experience and with how fucked up that movie made me feel ... possibly in my top 5 films of all time. #Gravity

9/26/13 10:14 PM

@AbeDiaz2402

@Itchyypanda Just got back from watching "Gravity" Breathtaking from start to finish worth watching again....thanks for the tickets

9/26/13 10:10 PM

• Like 3

I guarantee there will be backlash, if for no other reason that it's getting near-universal acclaim, and that not only cranks expectations to near-impossible levels, it also prompts some to go against the grain. If they go in expecting some 2001-esque philosophical, meditative, "trippy" movie that aims for grand statements about mankind, the meaning of life, etc then they'll be disappointed and they'll say Cuaron wasn't ambitious enough and the movie's too "Hollywood" and "just another flashy movie with no substance."

(They're wrong, though.) :P

I guarantee there will be backlash, if for no other reason that it's getting near-universal acclaim, and that not only cranks expectations to near-impossible levels, it also prompts some to go against the grain. If they go in expecting some 2001-esque philosophical, meditative, "trippy" movie that aims for grand statements about mankind, the meaning of life, etc then they'll be disappointed and they'll say Cuaron wasn't ambitious enough and the movie's too "Hollywood" and "just another flashy movie with no substance."

(They're wrong, though.) :P

I don't know how anyone could possibly be going in expecting something like that from the trailers and clips so far.  It looks exactly like what it is, an intense survival thriller in space.