Fancyarcher

Disney's A Wrinkle in Time | 9th March, 2018 | Frozen's Jennifer Lee writing, Ava DuVernay directing. 45% on RT

About F8, I'm glad for the director's success but the movie was going do great regardless. The Fast franchise is a will oiled franchise at this point and it was never not going to be a hit.

The media's reaction to that movie was "What, another Fast movie?" instead of how important it was because of its black director like BP or Wrinkle.

5 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

The media's reaction to that movie was "What, another Fast movie?" instead of how important it was because of its black director like BP or Wrinkle.

Or F7 for that matter with the even rarer Asian director of a blockbuster (there is James Wan and who else?).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, raulbalarezo said:

But... Disney always pays for reviews 

Back to back highly reviewed films cause suspicion. they are throwing people off the scent by scapegoating WiT. checks will be cashed in time for AIW. :lol:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 1

Just now, a2knet said:

Back to back highly reviewed films cause suspicion. they are throwing people off the scent by scapegoating WiT. checks will be cashed in time for AIW. :lol:

Another Alice in Wonderland? Oh fuck us

• Like 1

This review has to be trolling though, right?

http://www.pajiba.com/film_reviews/review-ava-duvernays-a-wrinkle-in-time-is-a-radiant-miracle-.php

There are times in our life where art saves us. Where it feels like a piece of work was made just for you, just for this moment. It feels like a gift and a miracle. Ava DuVernay’s beautiful and gripping A Wrinkle In Time is that miracle.

I spent the first half-hour on the brink of tears because my heart was so full of overwhelming love and hope. Then I broke, and wept openly for the next 79 minutes

• Like 1

lol this thread. Fucking mess.

I'm still gonna be seeing this (and Thoroughbreds) this weekend but I kinda saw this coming from a mile away given how eh the marketing was. It really does give me strong vibes similar to Tomorrowland, which was as "whatever" as a movie could be.

1 minute ago, MrGlass2 said:

Ah yes, obviously. In general the FF franchise has been great for diversity and never seems to get "points" for it.

Mostly because those movies will never be considered "respectable" in the way even comic book movies are.

• Thanks 1

Just now, MrGlass2 said:

Ah yes, obviously. In general the FF franchise has been great for diversity and never seems to get "points" for it.

Doesn't it? Maybe not very recently but I think around the time of F5 and F6 that was well-noted. What made it even more ideal was that the diversity felt genuinely natural and effortless, not the result of an offscreen push or a narrative or whatever. More blockbusters/franchises should strive for this.

• Like 3