Fancyarcher

Disney's A Wrinkle in Time | 9th March, 2018 | Frozen's Jennifer Lee writing, Ava DuVernay directing. 45% on RT

10 minutes ago, dudalb said:

SO we should support a medicore/crap movie just because it was directed by an African American Woman?

I could not disagree more.

And dragging in Zack Snyder is a WTF moment.

I did not say that you should support it. Why would I say that when I'm not going to go see it because it's trailers have been awful? The fact is that some people do want to see it though and yes for Ava and other female director's sake I hope enough people do want to see it. I hope that it doesn't completely flop.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

People supported a medicore/crap movie like BvS just because it was directed by a White Man.

Even when that movie turned out bad, he still got to direct Justice League.

That is so wrong on so many levels I don't know where to begin.

I diskliked BvS as much as almost anybody, but to say that it's fans supported it because Zack Snyder is white is a gross misstatement.

The "Want to see" bit over at RT has dropped from 94%* to 90% today.

More than a bit of a flawed metric as there was already people chomping at the bit to trash this movie in the usual circles, but it's still a teeny-tiny bit noteworthy.

* edit: At least I'm pretty sure it was sitting at 94% before.

Second edit:

*checks cache*

Nope, it was at 92 this morning, admittedly after most of the first wave of reviews were already in.  Maybe I was thinking of earlier in the week?  Could be wrong, but 94 sticks in my head for some reason. 

Edited by Porthos

13 minutes ago, Porthos said:

More than a bit of a flawed metric as there was already people chomping at the bit to trash this movie in the usual circles, but it's still a teeny-tiny bit noteworthy.

Second edit:

*checks cache*

Nope, it was at 92 this morning, admittedly after most of the first wave of reviews were already in.  Maybe I was thinking of earlier in the week?  Could be wrong, but 94 sticks in my head for some reason. 

Here's the only archived version from December where it had a 99% want to see

http://web.archive.org/web/20171201071330/https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/a_wrinkle_in_time_2018

3 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Not everything is a conspiracy! Take off your tinfoil hat!

I never said it was.  

In fact, the reason I posted it was a warning that the reviews might already be depressing the OW slightly.

Trust me, if I wanted to suggest a conspiracy out there, you'd know. ;)

NB:  What I DID do is remind that the self-selecting sample over at RT Audience Scores is flawed in the best of times.  Which is a stone cold truth. 

And I did hint that the alt-right was already sharpening their knives over this movie, because, well they are. 

But mostly I posted it as a warning that the reviews might be already affecting the box office. Which, last I checked, is the main reason for this website.

So, in summary, take off your own tinfoil hat. :lol:

I really can't help internally comparing this to the movie I stanned for five months ago. Held out hope for both of them for pretty similar reasons and they end up getting a similarly disappointing critical reception. Difference there was no one else here cared enough about it to form any conspiracy theories either way. :lol: 

Edited by tribefan695

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

Second edit:

*checks cache*

Before BP came out the "want to see"  was at 93 I think. I really don't think it matters lol. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 1