filmscholar

Weekend Numbers (pg119) Turtles 65M, GOTG 41.5

It is 20-22M. 24M was what I said it should do for 50M, then realized that my internal multiplier for the weekend was wrong. TMNT will almost surely increase from non-midnight Friday thanks to kiddie matinees. If it hits 20M, then it will have 15.4M Friday, a jump to 20M Saturday is definitely on the cards, and a drop to a 12-13M Sunday bringing it to 52M.

Ah ok.

It's OK.  Bay got the last laugh again.  Critics tried to destroy TF4, #1 movie of the year.  Then they said Turtles was the worst reboot ever, #1 at the box Office.  LOL.  

I'm pretty sure no one seriously wishes death on Bay. Death to his career on the other hand....

I do hope TF4 is Bay's last Transformer movie.  I really want him to do something else like Pain & Gain though that probably won't happen.

I kinda hope he's done with TF too.  All signs are pointing to "Bad Boys III" to commemorate the 20th anniversary of his 1st movie and him making movies will be his next film. 

• Like 1

I kinda hope he's done with TF too.  All signs are pointing to "Bad Boys III" to commemorate the 20th anniversary of his 1st movie and him making movies will be his next film. 

If only I didn't dislike Smith's work even more than Bay's these days...

Yes, she is attractive, but I won't see TMNT because she is there. I couldn't care less :lol: I will see it because of the TMNT brand. 

Well, I have absolutely no interest in seing the movie for the turtles. The cartoons were never popular here. But I will see it just for Megan Fox. I am 20 and I'm still not over her :P (the movie gets here on the 22nd of this month, but at least I'll see GoTG tomorrow).

Also, great start for it. Most people seem to like it despite critics (the shock, I know :lol: ). With a 50-55M weekend I woinder if it'll beat 'The Wolverine'. 

I knew this August would be effin awesome. Next up, Lets Be Cops!

Ugh. Lets not. If all these shitty movies start breaking out now I'm gonna be really pissed since there were plenty of awesome movies that should have had that breakout success instead (Edge of Tomorrow, DOFP, Dragon, Apes, etc).

• Like 1

Has anyone posted this? Deadline is also saying 50+ million:

Box Office Matinees: ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ Looks To Win Weekend Battle As Estimates Raise to $50M to... http://dlvr.it/6YcRdR 

I thought it had been posted. Maybe not. I read it on Twitter and thought it had been.

Ugh. Lets not. If all these shitty movies start breaking out now I'm gonna be really pissed since there were plenty of awesome movies that should have had that breakout success instead (Edge of Tomorrow, DOFP, Dragon, Apes, etc).

DOFP?