filmscholar

Weekend Numbers (pg119) Turtles 65M, GOTG 41.5

Give any anime featuring giant robots to Michael Bay and the internet reaction will be amazing. I showed some guys that I knew from another forum back in the day that I still chat with here and there a report of a rumor where Bay apparently mentioned in an interview that after TF4 was released he would start working on an adaptation of the anime series Evangelion. Their reactions were nothing short of priceless.

The Nickelodeon cartoon apparently averages 12M viewers every week. So plenty of kids obviously know what the franchise is about.

EDIT: Also, the Turtles sold over 750M dollars of merchandise last year. That is in the upper echelon of merchandise sellers with Star Wars and Disney.

LMAO People still doubting Turtle Power.

• Like 1

Me and him are going to invite all our friends to crash this thread and start a party if Turtles crosses 50 mil.

50m will be fantastic. But if that 24m Friday (incl previews) is correct, it will be a lot more than 50m.

• Like 2

50m will be fantastic. But if that 24m Friday (incl previews) is correct, it will be a lot more than 50m.

It is 20-22M. 24M was what I said it should do for 50M, then realized that my internal multiplier for the weekend was wrong. TMNT will almost surely increase from non-midnight Friday thanks to kiddie matinees. If it hits 20M, then it will have 15.4M Friday, a jump to 20M Saturday is definitely on the cards, and a drop to a 12-13M Sunday bringing it to 52M.

• Like 2

Okay can we stop with the death to Michael Bay stuff?

It's OK.  Bay got the last laugh again.  Critics tried to destroy TF4, #1 movie of the year.  Then they said Turtles was the worst reboot ever, #1 at the box Office.  LOL.  Joking aside, there are people that hate Michael Bay's movies that much that they wish he never made movies again.  As if they are being forced to watch his movies.  

Edited by filmscholar
  • Like 1