kayumanggi

Weekend numbers thread:TMNT: 28.4 GOTG: 24.7 LBC. 17.7 Ex3: 16.2

sorry, I'm from Brazil, my english sucks, I meant where he picks up these numbers?

Sorry, I don't speak English either...only Sarcasm. :P

He hasn't divulged(revealed) his sources. He's just right 9.9 times out of 10.

And welcome to the forums. :)

• Like 1

sorry, I'm from Brazil, my english sucks, I meant where he picks up these numbers?

AA meant nothing by that.

RTH is our resident box office guru.  He works for some tracking company but we really don't know anything else about him in that sense.  But he is always right.  Always.

• Like 8

They are not. It is dropping heavily from Exp2 everywhere. China is its only hope.

Well, several films are getting a boost from China (look at Dragon 2) so it's not impossible.

Sorry, I don't speak English either...only Sarcasm. :P

He hasn't divulged(revealed) his sources. He's just right 9.9 times out of 10.

And welcome to the forums. :)

RTH is our resident box office guru.  He works for some tracking company but we really don't know anything else about him in that sense.  But he is always right.  Always.

thank you guys ;)

• Like 2

The large kid appeal of GOTG and Turtles is making up for the under performance of the animated movies this summer

It's astonishing that there has been so little kid fare over the summer!  There's always Book of Life, Box Trolls and Big Hero 6 coming up, but I can't help but think they'd have done well if one of them had released in summer instead.  Then again, they expected Dragon 2 to dominate, so I can hardly blame Book of Life or Box Trolls for not trying a mid-summer release.

Edit: Besides, BoL is surely trying to cash in on the Halloween timing even if it's not actually about Halloween.

Edited by Sal

Yes, I just hope the international numbers are kind to EX3.

Here in the Philippines, EX3 is not doing that well compared to the previous 2 movies and I'm sure the leak is a big part of it, pirated dvds are everywhere and of course there;s torrent. On the bus going to work, they were playing a bootleg copy of EX3. I think the international performance will be greatly affected by the leak even more

• Like 1

RTH is our resident box office guru. He works for some tracking company but we really don't know anything else about him in that sense. But he is always right. Always.

He's like Keyser Soze... Pops in, gives us what we want, raises hopes, kills dreams, and...

Posted Image

Edited by WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
  • Like 5

It's astonishing that there has been so little kid fare over the summer!  There's always Book of Life, Box Trolls and Big Hero 6 coming up, but I can't help but think they'd have done well if one of them had released in summer instead.  Then again, they expected Dragon 2 to dominate, so I can hardly blame Book of Life or Box Trolls for not trying a mid-summer release.

Edit: Besides, BoL is surely trying to cash in on the Halloween timing even if it's not actually about Halloween.

Last year there were MU, DM2, Turbo, Smurfs, Planes this summer we only had Dragon 2 and Planes 2.

I think BoL chose a good date, I think it would have flopped as well if it was released in summer

For the sake of your opinion, I suggest you look up the meaning of trolling.

Posting the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over again, just to get a reaction from people?

Yep, that's trolling.

• Like 1

So Ex 3 is dead.  The leak killed it.  

Yeah, sucks for the people behind it. What hurt it more was the leak was a good copy quality wise, if this was a cam-rip, it wouldn't be that much of a big deal. And course only people part of the post-production has access to that.

• Like 1

So Ex 3 is dead.  The leak killed it.  

The leak and the fact that it isn't that great apparently. The combination could have been a poisonous mixture. I still want to see it though...legally.

Edited by RaccoonsDineOnAAinHell™

Last year there were MU, DM2, Turbo, Smurfs, Planes this summer we only had Dragon 2 and Planes 2.

I think BoL chose a good date, I think it would have flopped as well if it was released in summer

Book of Life definitely would lose some clout if it released in summer... given the content.  While there's going to be a sizable portion of people who don't understand the difference between Dia De Los Muertos and Halloween, it's not liable to hurt it (at least not initially).  Anyone who assumes its a Halloween movie will probably go to see it on that assumption.  Plus it's bright and colourful - in keeping with the holiday - and that should appeal to kids.

I know there's a few people dreading the treatment of a non-American holiday (especially one with religious tones) but at least a lot of the production team is actually Latin American and has a better chance of being knowledgeable in that regard.  So here's hoping.

Posting the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over again, just to get a reaction from people?

Yep, that's trolling.

No, it's actually not.  And I'm getting tired of your bullshit accusations.  My opinion is just as valid as someone who loves it and posts it over and over and over again.