kayumanggi

Weekend numbers thread:TMNT: 28.4 GOTG: 24.7 LBC. 17.7 Ex3: 16.2

Poor aDim, looks like Lucy has a good shot at overtaking Salt in the US and WW... 

I encourage it.  But admittedly I like Scar-Jo more than Angelina Jolie.

OTOH if Lucy had come out before her role as Black Widow, I'm not sure it would have done so well.

• Like 1

See Transformers 2 - 4 as further evidence that dumb crap can make money.  Not fair maybe but it still happens.

Or Pirates 2. Come on, fellas. Lots of garbage make a fortune. You are all acting like this is a new revealtion.

And this is a movie made for 10 year olds. Why are people getting so bent outta shape over this? When Guardians opened to big numbers, fans went outta their way to say, "See!? Kids like it too! Look at how smart they are!" A week later with Turtles' big numbers, those same fans changed their tune to, "Goddamn are kids stupid?"

Two words: grow up.

Edited by filmnerdjamie
  • Like 5

You're officially a do do bird, movieman.

Who have I been rude to?  I've taken stabs at GOTG?  Holy fucking shit.  Are you okay?  Is that against the rules?

And you're being totally smug and almighty about it. You wanna take stabs at GOTG, but then you don't want anybody to respond to them or react?  Then why the fuck are you taking stabs in the first place? I came into this thread and the first posts I see from you are name calling ones directed at kitik. Then you pick a fight with me for no reason, saying a drop that was off by like 5% (if even) was so illogical and biased. As if I can't point to dozens of biased and illogical predictions by you (let's start with GOTG's OW shall we).

We all make stupid predictions, I definitely have. My prediction that GOTG could beat TMNT this weekend was not one of those however, and the only reason you cared so much about it is because you're in this biased rage right now over anything concerning GOTG being successful. So that's how you were being rude. And these posts where you're coming off like you're being bullied anytime you express GOTG hate and people who disagree react to it are just ridiculous. Again goes with the territory of having an unpopular opinion. We've all been there.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 7

How can dumb craps like TMNT make money? people are the cruelest animal  :(

If you look at how much the original Turtles movies grossed with inflation. Well it would answer your question. It's a popular franchise that kids like and who's parents likely loved as kids themselves. You put the Turtles in a movie trying to stop  bad guys, with some big action and explosions. Well that is all they needed for a hit.

Edited by gb0708
  • Like 1

And you're being totally smug and almighty about it. You wanna take stabs at GOTG, but then you don't want anybody to respond to them or react?  Then why the fuck are you taking stabs in the first place? I came into this thread and the first posts I see from you are name calling ones directed at kitik. Then you pick a fight with me for no reason, saying a drop that was off by like 5% (if even) was so illogical and biased. As if I can't point to dozens of biased and illogical predictions by you (let's start with GOTG's OW shall we).

We all make stupid predictions, I definitely have. My prediction that GOTG could beat TMNT this weekend was not one of those however, and the only reason you cared so much about it is because you're in this biased rage right now over anything concerning GOTG being successful. So that's how you were being rude. And these posts where you're coming off like you're being bullied anytime you express GOTG hate and people who disagree react to it are just ridiculous. Again goes with the territory of having an unpopular opinion. We've all been there.

People's opinions about GOTG beating Turtles this weekend were based on hate for Turtles, not logic.  My prediction for GOTG doing poorly, was based on how stupid I thought it looked.  There's a difference.  And what names did I call kitik?  Can you find the post where I called him a name?

So is Turtles off 58% or is it off 60%?  Deadline is saying 60, but I'm not finding verification.

You won't know for sure until Monday at about 4pm.

• Like 1

So is Turtles off 58% or is it off 60%?  Deadline is saying 60, but I'm not finding verification.

They're predicting it to drop 60% off Friday numbers, could change when Sat/Sun numbers come in.

Edited by Sky™

You won't know for sure until Monday at about 4pm.

Sometimes it sucks living in Eastern time.  Most of the final numbers roll in while my schedule has me unavailable.

So, movieman, this stuff is fine, but what I say is wrong?

Get over yourself. I have never ONCE said anything about you being "wrong" or what not for your GOTG opinions. They're your opinions! I'm saying you can't get on your soapbox and think you're being bullied just because people are reacting to you disliking a popular movie, especially when you do the same damn thing. You're doing it right now to anyone who dislikes TMNT or thinks it shouldn't be having its success. Hence why you picked the fight with me. You know I dislike TMNT and wanted to make a big deal that I was slightly wrong on it's drop this weekend. Again, I didn't start this here. I couldn't care less if you hate GOTG. Just you constantly acting like nobody has a right to say anything about your GOTG stabs on a message board. Again, why even post them then?

• Like 15

Its not like the numbers will go anywhere. They'll still be there.  :P

Haha.  Yeah.  I'm just impatient and having to wait an additional 5 hours drives me batty.

I want to make one thing clear.  I am not a troll and I have never posted so that I can be one.  I express myself and if those expressions happen to go against the norm here, that is not trolling.  I have just as much right to express myself as you do.  Your opinion about something is no more valid just because you happen to love it instead of hate it.  I don't like nor appreciate being called a troll.  

Good grief, what a martyr. We're all blessed by your presence.

• Like 2

People's opinions about GOTG beating Turtles this weekend were based on hate for Turtles, not logic.  My prediction for GOTG doing poorly, was based on how stupid I thought it looked.  There's a difference.  And what names did I call kitik?  Can you find the post where I called him a name?

Actually my opinion was based on logic. The two had damn near the same Thursday number, and I thought it was perfectly logical GOTG could have slightly better Fri/Sun holds considering it has more adult appeal. Both have the kid appeal, so that's kind of a draw for them. But nothing has pointed to TMNT having as strong of 4 quad appeal as GOTG. That's why I thought it could beat it this weekend. Not because of my hate for TMNT, which is real I definitely admit.

On the contrary you just said yourself you thought the marketing looked stupid for GOTG. Hence you're OW was biased. Even though many of us said how appealing the marketing looked for weeks ahead of release and tracking was huge, you weren't gonna change your mind because it looked bad to you. That my friend is bias, dare I even say "hate." I fell into the exact same trap for TMNT's OW, and I admit it. Again, stop wanting to be a GOTG hater and then not wanting to own up to being one. 

BTW, I'm not gonna bother requoting posts, but I believe the words "sad individual", "troll", "full of lies", were all tossed towards kitik by you. Even if he started the name calling (I honestly don't know who started it), a mod who's been around the block as much as you should know better to stoop to that level.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 12