kayumanggi

Weekend numbers thread:TMNT: 28.4 GOTG: 24.7 LBC. 17.7 Ex3: 16.2

Sin City sequel came out a little too late IMO. This Movie should've been made 2-3 years after the 1st Movie came out not 9 years.

I think I have to agree with you here.  I remember being surprised that it was even being fielded considering how long ago the first one came out.

A Dame to Kill For was in the Land of Sequels I Never Thought Would Actually Happen for the longest time. It seemed like a no-brainer to make back in 2005 (when there was actually talk about making two sequels back-to-back), but it just never came together. I'm guessing it took a really, really long time to get the necessary cast members together, because lord knows Robert Rodriguez didn't have anything more promising to tend to during that gap (save for Grindhouse and arguably the first Machete). I'm excited for the sequel, but then I'm a big fan of the original.

The Boxtrolls might, given how Coraline and Paranorman at least got to mid teens, and there hasn't been a legitimate family film since Planes 2.

Box Trolls looks intriguing, but I haven't been seeing a lot in the way of advertising/marketing for it.  Most of what small buzz I'm hearing is from the community of animation buffs, especially those excited for a stop-motion release.  That is not going to have any bearing at all on the target demographic of kids though.  It may get a boost for being a new family film in a market that's been sorely lacking this summer.

What's going on with "What if?" It went wide (787 theaters) and only had a $356 average on Friday. I never expected a summer rom-com to do so poorly.

Poor Marketing I really didn't see any trailers for it on any movies to be honest. Also didn't see any TV Spots very much it was always Turtles Guardians and Expendables this past week.

I guess the real question I have is whether Sin City will make 20 mil, or if any of the other upcoming releases will, or if it's going to be a matter of the ones running now just slowly winding down until we get something big opening.

I guess the real question I have is whether Sin City will make 20 mil, or if any of the other upcoming releases will, or if it's going to be a matter of the ones running now just slowly winding down until we get something big opening.

I think the next movie to come out with a 20 Mil Weekend is probably Maze Runner. If anything does it before that I will be surprised.

Sin City sequel came out a little too late IMO. This Movie should've been made 2-3 years after the 1st Movie came out not 9 years.

I loved "Sin City" but I agree with this.  Sequel way to late.  They dumped it in Late August.  No happy about it's prospects.  They should of been on Sin City 3 by now.  Instead of doing all those Spy Kids movies, he should had this sequel out sooner.  With that said, I'm there opening weekend cause the 1st movie was special to me.  

Edited by filmscholar
  • Like 1

I'd say it has a pretty good chance of hitting that. It's very popular, the books are selling like crazy in the US, has an interesting premise and the trailers were good and well received. Add the the main actor's increasing popularity and there you have it.