iceroll

BOF's Top 100 Animated Films of All Time Ceremony! TOP 10 COUNTDOWN TIME! (p.36)

It's the big moment you've been waiting for...

#13: Frozen (2013) - 752 Points

Country of origin: USA (Walt Disney Animation Studios)
Animation style: 3D Computer Generated
Posted ImagePosted Image
Plot:
Fearless optimist Anna teams up with Kristoff in an epic journey, encountering Everest-like conditions, and a hilarious snowman named Olaf in a race to find Anna's sister Elsa, whose icy powers have trapped the kingdom in eternal winter.

Iceroll's list trivia:
Frozen misses the top 10, and ranks at #13. If I asked for votes back in March and held a ceremony in April, I'd have no doubt Frozen would have hit the top 10 or even top 5. But now Frozen Fever has died down a bit, and while #13 is still quite high, it's only 3 spots above Tangled. Frozen fans were quite fervent though, as the film's 26.9 average is the third highest so far in the Top 100 for films that had more than 3 votes (and 5th  overall). It received four #2 placements and two #1 placements in the lists I received. 

IMDB trivia:
Originally, Queen Elsa was intended to be the villain of the story. However, when the character's major song, "Let it Go," was played for the producers, they concluded that the song was not only very appealing, but its themes of personal empowerment and self-acceptance were too positive for a villain to express. Thus, the story was rewritten to have Elsa as an isolated innocent who is alarmed upon learning that her powers are inadvertently causing harm and struggles to control her powers with Anna's help.

BOF Blurbs:
Films:

The animation is Beautiful and it was nice to have a sister relationship as the main relationship for once in a film like this. The twists in this are amazing and the songs are fantastic- especially the wonder piece of let it go.
Spidey Freak:

What about Frozen's awesomeness needs to be said that hasn't already been said? Just that it deserves every single hyperbolic praise and accolade it receives!  :)

BOF User Review:
Yep, add me to the love fest.  Might be my favourite animated movie since I was a kid.  And I could just echo what everyone else has said, but I'll go in a little bit different of a direction.  

Josh Gad might be mu favourite actor now.  I'm not sure where this guy came from.  All I remember was seeing him in Love and Other Drugs, loving him and now everything I see him in he just fascinates me.  His voice in here really matches the character and he made a great film damn near perfect.

9.5/10

-Baumer, 2013

Posted Image
Posted Image

Film Video Clip:

What other clip would have been appropriate?  :P And I just realized it's at an astronomical 313 million views now!
Edited by iceroll
  • Like 10

I hope Anna and Elsa beat that bestiality-driven bitch Belle.  :ph34r:

Leave Belle alone.

I like her, even though I thought Beast was better developed in BatB.

Beast gets bonus points from me for being the FIRST Disney prince with an actual personality.

• Like 1