eXtacy

Weekend Estimates: GotG 17.6m | TMNT 16.8m | If I Stay 16.4m | WGST 9.0m | Sin City 6.5m

BoxOffice ‏@BoxOffice  2mTHE GIVER took in an estimated $6.73M this weekend. Domestic total now stands at $24.10M. #TheGiverBoxOffice ‏@BoxOffice  4mSIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR opened with an estimated $6.48M this weekend. #SinCity2

• Like 2

BoxOffice ‏@BoxOffice 3 mins

SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR opened with an estimated $6.48M this weekend. #SinCity2

BoxOffice ‏@BoxOffice 2 mins

THE GIVER took in an estimated $6.73M this weekend. Domestic total now stands at $24.10M. #TheGiver

It's kinda sad that Sin City 2 opened below the second weekend of the lowest grossing opener last weekend.

• Like 3

BoxOffice ‏@BoxOffice  2mTHE GIVER took in an estimated $6.73M this weekend. Domestic total now stands at $24.10M. #TheGiverBoxOffice ‏@BoxOffice  4mSIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR opened with an estimated $6.48M this weekend. #SinCity2

Holy shit, it opened below The Giver's 2nd weekend :lol: 

Awful August for the Weinstein Company. Both of them should have been released in different times of the year. September 5 would have been good for Sin City 2, IMO. 

• Like 3

Holy shit, it opened below The Giver's 2nd weekend :lol:

Awful August for the Weinstein Company. Both of them should have been released in different times of the year. September 5 would have been good for Sin City 2, IMO. 

September 5th would've been a great date for Sin City 2. Riddick did fine on that same weekend.

• Like 1

I'd argue Sin City (haven't seen the second yet) was rather immature :shrugs:

I agree. But what I'm saying is a lot of adult themes do require an R-rating in order to portray them authentically, and the failure of Sin City 2 might discourage studios to their "mature" comic book properties in that R-rated fashion.

• Like 2