eXtacy

Weekend Estimates: GotG 17.6m | TMNT 16.8m | If I Stay 16.4m | WGST 9.0m | Sin City 6.5m

No one knows who she is yet.  Before 300 I had never heard of her.  She's not exactly being marketed in any sustained fashion.....she's just an incredibly hot woman, and Hollywood has plenty of those.

Eva Green definitely has a unique look.If she stars in a Marvel blockbuster she could still follow ScarJo's career trajectory. IGN suggested she should play Death opposite Thanos in Avengers 3.
  • Like 5

Looks like fanboys didn't come out to support Sin City 2.I guess Rodriguez waited too long to make a sequel.You gotta strike the iron while it's hot.

Yeah, I would've been excited about 5 years ago for a sequel, like when there were rumors of Angelina Jolie being in it. 

Looks like Sin City 2 will bomb hard.

I hope they didn't spend too much money on it :DDo anyone no what the budget for it is?

I think they were saying $60-70 million, with the effects company working on the film kicking in $12 million. 

In fact I don't even recall seeing JGL face or name in any of the advertising.

Now Josh Brolin, has this and Jonah Hex, though I think he may receive a bump with his next comic book project. 

• Like 1

Now Josh Brolin, has this and Jonah Hex, though I think he may receive a bump with his next comic book project. 

Josh Brolin: Jonah Hex, Sin City 2, Oldboy, Labor Day, Gangster Squad... The man lives in mega-bombs.

• Like 1

A lot of the TV commercials start with a shot of JGL and him speaking. 

Edited by mvrojo

A lot of the TV commercials start with a shot of JGL and his speaking. 

The movie was really sold as an assemble. I see lots of JGL, Eva Green, Josh Brolin, Jessica Alba, Bruce Willis and Mickey Rourke in the TV spots.

Looks like Sin City 2 will bomb hard.

I hope they didn't spend too much money on it :DDo anyone no what the budget for it is?

Around $60-70 million, according to Deadline:

http://deadline.com/2014/08/sin-city-box-office-preview-a-dame-to-kill-for-if-i-stay-822822/

The budget for this one is said to be somewhere around $60M to $70M and both Miller and Rodriguez are said to be getting significant profit participation. They got the price down because of a unique arrangement with the visual affects company, Prime Focus World. More on this later from reporter David Bloom who has the inside scoop. This movie was clearly pre-sold, looking at the number of distributors abroad.

:mouthdropped:

Edited by Alpha
  • Like 3

What? And the budget was supposed to be more? How much did the original Sin City cost and how the fuck did this cost so much more?!

EDIT: Just saw the original costed 40M. They should have kept the budget in that level. 60-70M is insane. 

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

isn't Sin City 2 in 3D  as well. That just makes it even worse. 

Yes, it is in 3D. I am not sure how a movie like that would look in 3D. I really have no desire in seeing this since I didn't liked the first, so I guess I will never find out. 

The movie was really sold as an assemble. I see lots of JGL, Eva Green, Josh Brolin, Jessica Alba, Bruce Willis and Mickey Rourke in the TV spots.

Oh for sure.  I was just responding to the poster who said he hadn't seen anything of JGL.

I've been tuning out the commercials, but I've seen the shot of JGL looking over the city so many times.

What? And the budget was supposed to be more? How much did the original Sin City cost and how the fuck did this cost so much more?!EDIT: Just saw the original costed 40M. They should have kept the budget in that level. 60-70M is insane.

60-70m for a 3D movie today is probably about the same budget level as a 40m movie 9 years ago.
  • Like 2