eXtacy

Weekend Estimates: GotG 17.6m | TMNT 16.8m | If I Stay 16.4m | WGST 9.0m | Sin City 6.5m

baumer's got his own unique opinion and I respect that. It makes him a good voice in the community.

Though sometimes he does go out of his way to repeatedly harp on some film he dislikes, but that's no different from the Man of Steel haters, the TDKR haters, etc, so I can't fault him too much for that.

• Like 1

When people talk about "pretentious" movie that wants to lecture you, Wall-E stands as a poster boy. That should have been a short movie set on polluted Earth only. We did got the message by then but unfortunately Stanton thinks his audience is as dumb as those fatties living in space Walmart station so we got that hammering second part when any shade of subtlety goes through the toilet and subtext becomes text.

Careful.  You'll be labeled a troll.

baumer's got his own unique opinion and I respect that. It makes him a good voice in the community.

Though sometimes he does go out of his way to repeatedly harp on some film he dislikes, but that's no different from the Man of Steel haters, the TDKR haters, etc, so I can't fault him too much for that.

But I don't express my dislike for Pixar or Potter or whatever, every day, but if the conversation is about how good the films are, I have every right to express my differing opinion.  

This is the stuff that drives me loopy.  I have an opinion, just like everyone else.  I will not refrain from expressing said opinion.  You guys can praise a movie all you want, but the minute someone has a differing opinion, it''s trolling?  I don't understand that.  

I didn't say you were a troll. I said you were baiting by needlessly repeating it for no reason.  No one had made a comment asking you your opinion which you already stated and you had nothing of substance to offer to the discussion at hand.  I have as little use for those who jump in and say X movie I like is great and this other movie is terrible, like that one spammer, but to just randomly go about spouting "this one thing is unequivocally terrible" and not even bothering to back it up with reasoning is lazy and rude.

I didn't say you were a troll. I said you were baiting by needlessly repeating it for no reason.  No one had made a comment asking you your opinion which you already stated and you had nothing of substance to offer to the discussion at hand.  I have as little use for those who jump in and say X movie I like is great and this other movie is terrible, like that one spammer, but to just randomly go about spouting "this one thing is unequivocally terrible" and not even bothering to back it up with reasoning is lazy and rude.

Waaaaaahh!

So basically as long as I post opinions that agree with yours, then it's okay with you?