Crusader

John Wick | Keanu Reeves | October 24, 2014 | Final Trailer on Page 3 | IMAX release announced

Reeves may be one speed as an actor, but given the right roles, he's actually good.  Speed and Matrix come to mind.  He was even good in films like The Lake House.  I personally don't think he's quite as bad as some people say he is, and this film looks like it is right up his wheelhouse.

• Like 7

Reeves may be one speed as an actor, but given the right roles, he's actually good.  Speed and Matrix come to mind.  He was even good in films like The Lake House.  I personally don't think he's quite as bad as some people say he is, and this film looks like it is right up his wheelhouse.

It was never that Keanu was a great actor though. To me his success comes with him just being a likable guy.  It comes off the screen.  People have a genuine like for Keanu. He comes off as such a nice person.  But I agree there's no way his career could of lasted this long if he was as bad of an actor as people say.  Also Keanu does have several of memorable movies in his catalog.  The Matrix Trilogy made him immortal.  We will be watching those films forever. 

• Like 3

It was never that Keanu was a great actor though. To me his success comes with him just being a likable guy.  It comes off the screen.  People have a genuine like for Keanu. He comes off as such a nice person.  But I agree there's no way his career could of lasted this long if he was as bad of an actor as people say.  Also Keanu does have several of memorable movies in his catalog.  The Matrix Trilogy made him immortal.  We will be watching those films forever. 

Reeves isn't just nice, he's one of the most charitable guys out there.  I assume you have heard about his salary and what he did with it for the Matrix sequels?

• Like 5

Yeah, I couldn't believe it.  Never heard of anyone doing that.  We are talking Millions. 

He's also quoted as saying that money is the last thing he thinks about.  He says he has made enough money to "last me 70 life times."  And he is one of the few actors to actually back up his words with actions.

Sorry, don't mean to whore out my work on other sites, but if you haven't heard of Reeves and his generosity, check this out: http://www.top10films.co.uk/archives/17882

Wow that's quite incredible. Even though he may be rich already, the thought of just giving away huge amounts of money like that still hard to believe. Honestly don't know if I could do the same.
  • Like 2

This is one of my favorite keanu stories... skip to the 1 minute mark of... it's of Octavia Spencer on the Tonight Show retelling her story of meeting Keanu (it was the first time she came to LA, first celebrity she met when she was a nobody) 

Ever since that day, she goes to see all of Keanu's movies and on opening weekend.

• Like 2

Keanu Reeves was a victim of a home invasion, but he kept calm and notified the authorities and the deranged intruder was taken away.

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/celeb-news/keanu-reeves-keeps-calm-during-home-invasion-182756212.html

Keanu Reeves woke up to an unpleasant surprise early Monday morning.

The John Wick actor investigated a sound he heard coming from his library around 5 a.m. and found a woman in her mid-40s sitting in his chair.

According to reports, Reeves calmly approached the woman who said she was there to meet him. Apparently, the 50-year-old actor spoke to her, kept his cool, and then called 911.

Police confirm the Hollywood division responded to the call. Once on the scene, they detained one female and determined she should be placed in a 5150 (involuntary psychiatric) hold. She was taken to a medical facility for further evaluation.

While no property was stolen, a trespass report was taken and the investigation is ongoing.

Keanu is hardly the first celebrity to deal with unwanted visitors. His Speed co-star, Sandra Bullock, recently came face to face with an intruder in her home who made his way to her bedroom door. Coincidentally, it happened the night she received Spike TV's Decade of Hotness Award at the Guys' Choice Awards where Reeves was one of her presenters.

TMZ reports that Keanu's home is "built like a fort," and would be difficult to break into; however, the actor supposedly forgot to set his alarm.

She's lucky she didn't kill his dog.

• Like 3

I've rooted for Keanu since I found out he grew up in Toronto and played hockey here.  He really is one of the nice guys in the business and as many of you have already said, he is awesome in action roles. 

• Like 2