Crusader

John Wick | Keanu Reeves | October 24, 2014 | Final Trailer on Page 3 | IMAX release announced

Seriously.

Over a fucking dog.

Well, yeah. Dogs are a pet that becomes part of the family. They are loyal and 100% devoted to you. They don't care if you're fat or ugly or rich or poor or beautiful. They just love you for who you are. If you've never been fortunate enough to see the joy on a dogs face when you come home, you are seriously missing out.

Plus, it's a dog given to him by his now dead wife, I believe.

So yeah, it's justified.

• Like 1

Well, yeah. Dogs are a pet that becomes part of the family. They are loyal and 100% devoted to you. They don't care if you're fat or ugly or rich or poor or beautiful. They just love you for who you are. If you've never been fortunate enough to see the joy on a dogs face when you come home, you are seriously missing out.

Plus, it's a dog given to him by his now dead wife, I believe.

So yeah, it's justified.

I love dogs, I have two, but I wouldn't go on a killing spree if one of them got killed.

Is it true that movies where dogs are killed typically don't do well? I thought if read that before. People have a hard time watching that.

Off the top of my head, Marley and Me( the dog dies in this right? I just kinda assumed) and I am Legend both did well.

Seriously.

Over a fucking dog. 

Come on, dude. It's right there in the trailer. The character himself explains, in very clear terms, what is the significance of this "fucking dog."  Forget that humans have created deep bonds with canines since the beginning of time, forget that dogs have been family members for millions and millions of people since forever...the trailer itself spells it out for you as to why he went on a killing spree "over a fucking dog." 

Yeah, good luck trying to elicit sympathy and empathy for a character whose pet is a snake or a toad.

It is possible, but snakes and toads are basically like human adults where they'd have to earn their sympathy via character traits/development, whereas dogs and cats are innately sympathetic.