RyneOh1040

Weekend Numbers (NGD 24.5M)

Lucy proves that a Black Widow movie would do gangbusters. ScarJo is a draw now.

So just make that one already.

If Marvel just green lit movies because they knew they'd make money they'd have already greenlit Iron Man 4.  For them I think it's more mater of how the films fit in their universe and which ones they need to make in order for them to fit and if there's a passion of the project.  Probably why we'll get a  Black Panther movie before Ms Marvel or Ms Marvel before a solo BW or another Hulk

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 2

BoxOffice ‏@BoxOffice  2m

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY surpassed the $300M domestic mark after grossing an estimated $8.04M this weekend. #GOTG

Awesome 2 milestones are reached over the weekend. Congrats to GOTG, it hit 300M and also passed 3.22 multiplier of IM1, leggiest Marvel movie.  :bravo:  :bravo:  :bravo:

• Like 4

So LUCY is heading at 425 M worldwide. Crazy. Too bad I wasn't able to see it.

Raise your hand if you thought:

Lucy would do better than Edge of Tomorrow, Domestic and WW.

Let's Be Cops would leg it to $80m after a $17m o/w

Hundred Foot Journey would be on it's way to $60m Domestic

November Man would double Sin City 2 domestically

• Like 3

Just wanted to tell you guys that the Lucy budget number you see everywhere, 40m is wrong.The movie cost 60m+ euros which would put it at around 75m$.The source comes from the french ministry of culture.The movie was entirely financed by Besson s production company, Europa Corp and he sold the rights to Universal for us ditrivution and maybe os.Besson said that Universal is calling him already because they want a sequel pronto but Besson admitted he had no idea where the story could go because of the ending of the first film.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 3

Just wanted to tell you guys that the Lucy budget number you see everywhere, 40m is wrong.The movie cost 60m+ euros which would put it at around 75m$.The source comes from the french ministry of culture.

There was a lot of product placement in Lucy. Maybe that reduced the budget to 40

I disagree. Lucy is a horrible movie. It's an interesting concept that goes nowhere. After the first few weeks, I think the rest of its leggy BO run is mostly because of Scar Jo.

Legs have to do with wom not the actor. If a film has a leggy run why would it not be because people are saying good things about it?
  • Like 2