Neo

Jason Bourne | 7.29.2016 | One week IMAX release on August 26 thanks to Ben Hur flopping

5 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

So Spectre has better reviews? :bop:

Spectre is underrated btw.

agree. I found it much more enjoyable than Skyfall (while I would not say it is a better movie, it was more entertaining for me). 

OT- I am gonna see this regardless...

1 hour ago, Mojoguy said:

Does director Paul Greengrass have Parkinson Disease? Only way to explain the constant shaky cam.

Umm,Do you mean Camera technician? because Directors hardly take the hardware for themselves to film something.

10 hours ago, Chewy said:

Hollywood Homicide is one of my favorite bad movies leave it out of your shaming

Love you! It's just so bizarre... like a wonderful combination of serious Ayer-esque cop movie / meta-comedy about Hollywood / "I don't give a ****".

10 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

That's like saying this summer had Dory and Civil War so it automatically wins. Summer '03 is by far the most abysmal summer of my lifetime overall. Nothing else comes close. Terminator 3, Bad Boys 2, SWAT, Hulk, Spy Kids 3, American Wedding, Daddy Day Care, Charlie's Angels 2, Legally Blonde 2, Tomb Raider 2, The Lizzie McGuire Movie, Jason vs Freddy, Jeepers Creepers 2, Johnny English, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Uptown Girls, Dumb and Dumberer, SinBAD, The In-Laws, My Boss's Daughter, The Medallion, Hollywood Homicide, From Justin to Kelly, fucking Gigli....MOTHER OF GOD WHEN WILL THE LAMBS STOP SCREAMING. 

Summer '03 was amazing. I repeatedly watch most of these movies. Also summer '04 was great.

For this summer I had huge expectations but so far I've only seen one movie in cinema (Civil War). Usually I'm around 6-8. :/

• Like 2

11 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

That's like saying this summer had Dory and Civil War so it automatically wins. Summer '03 is by far the most abysmal summer of my lifetime overall. Nothing else comes close. Terminator 3, Bad Boys 2, SWAT, Hulk, Spy Kids 3, American Wedding, Daddy Day Care, Charlie's Angels 2, Legally Blonde 2, Tomb Raider 2, The Lizzie McGuire Movie, Jason vs Freddy, Jeepers Creepers 2, Johnny English, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Uptown Girls, Dumb and Dumberer, SinBAD, The In-Laws, My Boss's Daughter, The Medallion, Hollywood Homicide, From Justin to Kelly, fucking Gigli....MOTHER OF GOD WHEN WILL THE LAMBS STOP SCREAMING. 

What?! Summer of 2003 was amazing. Are you kidding?

X2: X-Men United, The Matrix Reloaded, Bruce Almighty, Finding Nemo, The Italian Job, 2 Fast 2 Furious (campy fun), 28 Days Later, Pirates Of The Caribbean: The Curse Of The Black Pearl, Thirteen.

And yeah I respectfully disagree on all of these: Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines, Bad Boys II, Freddy Vs. Jason, American Wedding

Summer 2003 blows this one away.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bapi said:

Summer '03 was amazing. I repeatedly watch most of these movies. Also summer '04 was great.

For this summer I had huge expectations but so far I've only seen one movie in cinema (Civil War). Usually I'm around 6-8. :/

Yeah, so do I. A lot of those movies have remained timeless...can't say the same about this summer.

Memes are made all the time of Bruce Almighty still. 28 Days Later is one of the best zombie movies ever.

POTC is the only movie in my Top 10 overall past 2000. It was such a breath of fresh air.

• Like 1

Summer 2004 blows this one away too:

Shrek 2, The Day After Tomorrow, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, The Chronicles Of Riddick, Napolean Dynamite, Dodgeball, The Notebook, Spider-Man 2, Anchorman, I Robot, The Bourne Supremacy, Garden State, Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle, Open Water.

Just before Summer: Shaun Of The Dead, Mean Girls, Kill Bill Vol 2, Hellboy

Man just looking at these lists makes me extremely disappointed with this year so far.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, junkshop36 said:

OH HELLLLL NAH!! Bad Boys 2 is so over the top awesome. 

One of my favorite Michael Bay movies too.

So many quotable lines. Great villain. The scene where Marcus accidentally takes ecstasy is still a classic.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 2

Comparing those Summers to this one, out of what I've seen that would make that same list:

Captain America: Civil War, The Conjuring 2, The Shallows - that's it.

Nothing else would. This Summer has been awful.

Average to Forgettable - Finding Dory, Central Intelligence, Independence Day: Resurgence, The Purge: Election Year

Bad - The Darkness, Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising, X-Men: Apocalypse, Warcraft

There's a lot I haven't seen, maybe that will make up for it but a lot of them don't even interest me. I'm sure Star Trek and Lights Out will make this list as will The Nice Guys.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

There are no summers with that many abominations to list. Maybe summers that have a ton of underwhelming flicks and a few horrible ones, but that one was literally dozens of putrid releases. And I even left some out of that '03 list! 

But you didn't mention all of the good or campy movies that Summer too. There might have been a lot of garbage but the amount of fun movies more then makes up for it.

Terminator 3 is nowhere near as bad as Independence Day: Resurgence, Bad Boys II is nowhere near as bad as Warcraft, I don't care how much you hate Michael Bay. A lot of people have been waiting for Bad Boys 3 for so long. Will Smith had to keep shooting down rumors.

Freddy vs. Jason was highly enjoyable camp for horror fans who love those 2 characters.

Summer 2003 is a not a good example for a bad summer (but that's just my opinion)

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Yeah, Paul Greengrass had nothing to do with this movie. Whatever, dude.

I can't imagine what is was like before Greengrass told told the cameraman to stop shaking the camera.