28 members have voted

1. 1. Rate Cars 2

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Needless sequel. The animation is, of course, good but making Mater was a mistake because one can only take so much of that character before you become annoyed. I also didn't care for the message that apparently you can be a doofus who causes problems but if you have a pure heart, it's all good.

Not really. I enjoyed the first one well enough I guess but when putting it up against other Pixar films, it doesn't hold a candle.

Yeah, I can see that. For me, after seeing the Cars 2, I like the original Cars even more. I never disliked the original (my least fav pixar film is nemo), but I prefer the story of Cars vs Cars 2
  • Like 1

It does make you appreciate what exactly makes Pixar's films work most of the time. While the Cars universe may be fundamentally flawed, the first movie had a leisurely pace that allowed you to take in all of the artistry that went into it.

Edited by tribefan695

Finally saw it on blu-ray, and after hearing how terrible it was, I admit I kind of liked it. It's no where near the quality of my favorite A/A+ Pixar films (Wall-E, TS trilogy, The Incredibles, Rat and Monsters, Inc.), but I'm a sucker for the amazing animation and look of Pixar movies and the film itself was harmless, silly fun. Again, it's no Pixar masterpiece like they usually make, but not the shit I was led to belive.B-/C+/high 70s

• Like 1

Animation and look is equal to saying that as long as the visuals are there it's a good movie though isn't it?Harmless, silly fun, but yet everyone hates on animation output not released by Pixar, or at least lab does. Double standards.

Animation and look is equal to saying that as long as the visuals are there it's a good movie though isn't it?Harmless, silly fun, but yet everyone hates on animation output not released by Pixar, or at least lab does. Double standards.

That's not true at all.

Pixar's first miss. While I could very easily see where young boys would be absolutely in love with the film (I know I would have been at a young age), there isn't enough of substance to keep older audiences interested. It also lacks the easygoing charm that made its predecessor work as well as it did.

C+

• Community Manager

It fails at setting up a good emotional core, but the movie does have a decent, albeit predictable, plot (with some enemies with surprising depth) and some entertaining scenes. It may not be up to the Pixar brand established up to this point, but it is nonetheless a good movie-albeit barely.

B-

Pixar made a movie with lots of kid appeal, but forgot half their audience. It starts off entertaining, but then it sinks into predictable and unfunny. Mater didn't annoy me much in the first Cars, but he got on my nerves in this one. I didn't care for any of the characters, actually.

D+