Fullbuster

Star Wars Rebels - Season 3 on September 24 : Will Grand Admiral Thrawn destroy them all??

6 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/lucasfilm-creatives-are-very-interested-in-that-new-sta-1823646768/amp

@Porthos

Story group furiously trying to figure out how to wipe Ezra, Ahsoka, and lil' Jacen off the map :lol:

6 hours ago, RandomCat said:

I still find it interesting naming him Jacen.

“It seemed, in a very small way, naming him ‘Jacen’ was a way to honor the expanded universe character of Jacen Solo who just really isn’t there anymore as the timelines have changed,” Filoni said. “I thought that’s a little bit of a wink to people that I know that was an important character. And maybe, in some way, that lives on through this character. I don’t know yet.”

So....

Jordan Maison, he who broke the Obi-wan series news, is not so subtly hinting that not only are there two new animated SW TV series coming to Disney Plus (besides TCW Season 7), but that one of them will be the anticipated sequel series to Rebels:

He then liked a bunch of Tweets saying "Rebels sequel?".

Consider this a rumor for now.  But considering the source, there might be announcement in the next couple of months.  

Edited by Porthos
  • Astonished 2

1 hour ago, Menor said:

Man that finale got me. The last season was just great, elevated everything that came before. Hope we get a sequel in the near future, I need to know how Ezra's doing and see him reunite with the family.

I loved that last season. I hope the rumors are true of a sequel series soon

Edited by Inceptionzq
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Menor said:

Man that finale got me. The last season was just great, elevated everything that came before. Hope we get a sequel in the near future, I need to know how Ezra's doing and see him reunite with the family.

The two-part episode right before the finale (Wolves and a Door/A World Between Worlds) symbolizes just about everything I love about Weird Star Wars.  I talked about it when it first aired (should be a couple of pages back, I think) but I so so soooooo love it when characters in SW look like small bugs trying to grasp quantum physics.  I so love it when the curtain is pulled back to a huge literally unknowable universe that can only be barely glimpsed at.

It is, frankly, my jam when it comes to Weird Star Wars.

Now in lesser hands something like that could go terribly wrong, but Filoni aced it.  Mostly by centering it all on human emotions and not getting lost in the technobabble.  That is, the mythology was there to serve the character's emotional arcs.

Plus we got some bitchin' ass great music out of it. :lol: 

===

As I look back on Rebels it really is the mysticism and heart/found family dynamic that I think I really love.   From things like Zeb finding his homeworld to Sabine bonding with the Darksaber to everything else.  What started as a very small stakes show somehow tapped into something special.

Really do need to do a TCW/Rebels rewatch one of these days.  Especially if that sequel series does in fact happen.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Porthos said:

The two-part episode right before the finale (Wolves and a Door/A World Between Worlds) symbolizes just about everything I love about Weird Star Wars.  I talked about it when it first aired (should be a couple of pages back, I think) but I so so soooooo love it when characters in SW look like small bugs trying to grasp quantum physics.  I so love it when the curtain is pulled back to a huge literally unknowable universe that can only be barely glimpsed at.

It is, frankly, my jam when it comes to Weird Star Wars.

Now in lesser hands something like that could go terribly wrong, but Filoni aced it.  Mostly by centering it all on human emotions and not getting lost in the technobabble.  That is, the mythology was there to serve the character's emotional arcs.

Plus we got some bitchin' ass great music out of it. :lol: 

===

As I look back on Rebels it really is the mysticism and heart/found family dynamic that I think I really love.   From things like Zeb finding his homeworld to Sabine bonding with the Darksaber to everything else.  What started as a very small stakes show somehow tapped into something special.

Really do need to do a TCW/Rebels rewatch one of these days.  Especially if that sequel series does in fact happen.

That was really an excellent episode. It could have come off as a cheap trick to bring Ahsoka back (and I admit I sort of had that idea when I heard about her return back in 2018) but Filoni really committed to it in a way that made everything feel organic. The way the Loth-wolves were intertwined with the plot of the whole season and tying the WBW into the Mortis gods made it feel like that whole plotline was part of a grander tapestry that we'll never quite get to see -- though I do hope we get to see more of that realm in future SW. I also hope we get more Jedi temples like the Lothal temple, it was really a unique setting compared to the Coruscant or Dantooine ones. Felt a lot more mystical and almost had a life of its own. Every episode involving it was a highlight of the series.

• Like 2

I'd argue that he didn't betray a Jedi because his actions were initially compelled by an inhibitor chip + years of conditioning so there was no conscious choice to betray (cause once the chip was removed he was 100% on her side).

Cause you could argue that from a certain point of view, Ahsoka was more of a Jedi than the actual Jedi Order :ph34r:

I didn't get to actually watch the show until about a year ago as I didn't have Disney XD, but I remember the anticipation in the fandom at the time still. The episode itself is really excellent too. I think Maul teaching Ezra about the Dark Side is an underrated part of it, it was one of the few times where the bad guy made the DS seem appealing in a non-crazy way. 

Edited by Menor
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Menor said:

I didn't get to actually watch the show until about a year ago as I didn't have Disney XD, but I remember the anticipation in the fandom at the time still. The episode itself is really excellent too. I think Maul teaching Ezra about the Dark Side is an underrated part of it, it was one of the few times where the bad guy made the DS seem appealing in a non-crazy way. 

Oh, god yes.  That first half of the episode where Maul is literally channeling a Dark Side Yoda is so so soooooooo good.  Sam Witwer acts the hell out of that scene.  And, yes, it is absolutely one of the few times where the Dark Side isn't viewed as Coo-Coo For Coca Puffs crazy pants, at least in "canon".  I say that because they took a liberal amount of dark side lore straight from Legends, including all but quoting portions the Code of the Sith. 

But the best part of it is just how manipulative and seductive Maul is there.  "Poisoned Honey" in how smooth and alluring it is.

Utterly fantastic in all respects.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Oh, god yes.  That first half of the episode where Maul is literally channeling a Dark Side Yoda is so so soooooooo good.  Sam Witwer acts the hell out of that scene.  And, yes, it is absolutely one of the few times where the Dark Side isn't viewed as Coo-Coo For Coca Puffs crazy pants, at least in "canon".  I say that because they took a liberal amount of dark side lore straight from Legends, including all but quoting portions the Code of the Sith. 

But the best part of it is just how manipulative and seductive Maul is there.  "Poisoned Honey" in how smooth and alluring it is.

Utterly fantastic in all respects.

Oh yes. And the way the Inquisitors speak about him as a "shadow" really adds to the menace. 

• Like 1