Fullbuster

Star Wars Rebels - Season 3 on September 24 : Will Grand Admiral Thrawn destroy them all??

Mid episode musing:

Spoiler

They sure aren't being subtle in this episode about the possibility of Kanan biting it/leaving....:ph34r:

And Kanan acts like he KNOWS he's leaving/dying. :thinking:

Edited by Porthos

That's... gonna take time to process....

Spoiler

Like, I don't THINK the most obvious interpretation is the correct one.  Or at the very least, the dreamscape/vision HELLA complicates things.

Edited by Porthos

Still spoilers:

Spoiler

Now, see, I thought that rock was obviously Mortis related myself, but I didn't see the the exact immediate connection.

But it was clear to me even as I was watching that open hand (welcoming) = light, closed fist (fighting) = dark, and upraised hand (stop) = balance.  Interesting that it's in the mural as well though.

So, the loth wolves are aspects of the Mortis trilogy after all?  Though why is the balance one called 'Dume'...  1f914.png

Edited by Porthos

watched the two episodes.  Semi surprised at the first one, but the whole episode was obviously leading up to it, so wasn't 100% shocked

The second one was ok, but it seems more of a setup for what is coming in the final episodes

Part two of SyFy's post-Jedi Night Dave Filoni interview.

The comments about the wolf are... interesting.  Not sure how it'll play in the greater fandom, given how much some folks like neat cut-and-dry answers though.

And, yes, your collective "from a certain point of view" jokes are noted in advance from Yours Truly. ;)

Edited by Porthos

On 2/19/2018 at 9:20 PM, Porthos said:

Mid episode musing:

Hide contents

They sure aren't being subtle in this episode about the possibility of Kanan biting it/leaving....:ph34r:

And Kanan acts like he KNOWS he's leaving/dying. :thinking:

Don't get me wrong here the episode was good.  But they did telegraph Kanan's death way too hard in the lead up to it.  It was so obvious it was going to happen by the time it happened it undercut the impact of it in the moment for me personally.

Edited by Horner

On 2/23/2018 at 3:59 PM, Porthos said:

Part two of SyFy's post-Jedi Night Dave Filoni interview.

The comments about the wolf are... interesting.  Not sure how it'll play in the greater fandom, given how much some folks like neat cut-and-dry answers though.

Yeah and anything that invokes Mortis is going to immediately stir some ire with some fans.  Like TLJ many tended to run either hot or cold in their reaction to that particular story arc from TCW.

Watching on delay because of REASONS, but just this observation for now which is only slightly spoily

Spoiler

This has GOT to be the most blatant homage to Raiders of the Lost Ark in all of SW.  And perhaps Top 10 in all of entertainment that wasn't a straight out parody. :lol:

Still processing, but that was damn fine coffee Star Wars.

Wow.

EDIT:

Do not open this spoiler box without seeing the second episode that aired tonight.  Not kidding, either:

Spoiler

So THAT explains how the hell Ahsoka survived the explosion.  She wasn't there when it happened.  She reappeared after the temple went kersplooie and went down those steps.  Also explains how Vader survived, as he fell through the floor, presumably away from the brunt of the explosion.

Filoni didn't lie about showing us the rest of the fight, as well. :lol:  Got to admit, I never actually thought we would see it in Rebels.

So glad to get closure.

Now I'm worried about if anything happens to her in these last three episodes. :lol:  

Edited by Porthos