rukaio101

Box Office.com's Top 100 films of All Time (2014 edition)- List Complete! Everyone is Disappointed!

Inception isn't even worthy of top 250, let alone top 10.

It's good enough, but it's very flawed in over exposition to the point where it's way too easy to follow for a film that's supposed to blow your mind (nothing was really shocking or surprising with it). I mean it was a fun thriller, but there isn't enough substance to it to justify it placing so high.

I mean there's a lot of movies that don't deserve their place, but every time I see a new one that doesn't it irks me even more.

And yet some people still have problems following it to this day. I don't know, I've seen it 6-7 times and I was never bored, so that's just, like, your opinion, man. Speaking of, Lebowski is the biggest miss of this list overall :(

Well, SW is even higher, so you can complain there too :P

And Inception is one of the best SF movies ever made, definitely worth of the top. Maybe not Top 10, but certainly Top 30.

I think I rank Inception around 23rd for the best Sci-Fi of this century (And that's not including anything released in 2014, superhero films, or Gravity.  If I did it'd rank lower)

It's a decent enough film, and while SW isn't in my opinion top 10 of all time I won't object to it being placed in the top 10, there is justification there.

And yet some people still have problems following it to this day. I don't know, I've seen it 6-7 times and I was never bored, so that's just, like, your opinion, man. Speaking of, Lebowski is the biggest miss of this list overall :(

I don't understand why some people think it's confusing or hard to follow, the exposition explains everything to you detail by detail.

And Inception is one of the best SF movies ever made, definitely worth of the top. Maybe not Top 10, but certainly Top 30.

Hah no. I haven't even seen a large number of the old classic SF's but even I can tell you that's not true.

• Like 1

Well, Inception might be one of the best SF ever (I'll admit I haven't seen it), but SW is almost inarguably the most iconic SciFi movie ever made.  I mean, adjusted for inflation its the 2nd highest grossing movie of all time and it pretty much created the genre of SciFi. Sure, it has tons of problems, but its arguably one of the 5 or so most important movies ever made.  I wouldn't personally put it in my top 10 (I had it in my 51-100 range), but I have no problem at all with SW being there.

I don't understand why some people think it's confusing or hard to follow, the exposition explains everything to you detail by detail.

I know, it's pretty easy for me too, but I've heard the complaint way too many times to ignore it. I think people just have short attention spans. But I guess we are a forum of Nolan exposition lovers :P

Ok, making some guesses about what's coming next, it looks like 7 of my top 10 at least made the list in some fashion, and 9 of my 11-20.  So one the one hand, that's 16 out of 20.  I guess that's not bad.

And I get that apparently I'm the only one who thought Rope was brilliant instead of merely good, and maybe me thinking so highly of Lost in Translation is a generational thing or something.  And Blazing Saddles probably just isn't well enough known to have been seen by enough people, so I'd strongly encourage anyone who hasn't seen it to go find it and watch it in all its demented, hilarious, extremely non-PC glory.

But The Seven Samurai isn't on this list, is it?  The whole community should be hanging their heads in shame.

Ok, making some guesses about what's coming next, it looks like 7 of my top 10 at least made the list in some fashion, and 9 of my 11-20.  So one the one hand, that's 16 out of 20.  I guess that's not bad.

And I get that apparently I'm the only one who thought Rope was brilliant instead of merely good, and maybe me thinking so highly of Lost in Translation is a generational thing or something.  And Blazing Saddles probably just isn't well enough known to have been seen by enough people, so I'd strongly encourage anyone who hasn't seen it to go find it and watch it in all its demented, hilarious, extremely non-PC glory.

But The Seven Samurai isn't on this list, is it?  The whole community should be hanging their heads in shame.

Eh. You're better off than me. Only 9 of my top 20 made the list.

I know, it's pretty easy for me too, but I've heard the complaint way too many times to ignore it. I think people just have short attention spans. But I guess we are a forum of Nolan exposition lovers :P

His exposition can often be one of his biggest flaws in my opinion, with Inception I felt he tried to hard to tell the audience what was happening and not enough time showing.  Don't get me wrong, I appreciate Nolan, and I think Memento is fantastic and worthy of this list (I'd even be fine with The Dark Knight if it wasn't in the top 10), but he isn't close to the god-tier directing status a lot of people hail him as.

Edited by The Panda

Nah, it's not worthy. Not a top 100 film all-time. It is certainly not top 30 as I could list at least 30 better SF movies. Edited by Empire
  • Like 1