grim22

Weekend Estimates: Annabelle - 37.2M | Gone Girl - 38M | Equalizer - 19M | Maze Runner - 12M | Left Behind - 6.8M

It had good ratings because it's an excellent film.

Yep. The best made horror film of the past decade to me. Really great film-making all around in that movie, not just for its genre but movies in general. The great performances were also an extremely welcome treat for a genre that tends to lack that immensely.

Annabelle didn't even needed marketing. Nobody witness the epic reactions of the crowds to the trailer? People weren't scared, people were super excited because it was the doll from The Conjuring. I saw the trailer in theaters and the crowd started to talk a lot and everyone was excited. Plus, I also run a popular facebook page about movies and when I posted the first poster/trailer from Annabelle it had one of the biggest reactions with comments/likes in the last few weeks. 

This is some Warner's plan to create - gasp- a Shared Horror/Haunted House Universe?

Just like its own DC Superhero Universe?

Just like what Universal is planning for its own Classic Monster Universe with Dracula Untold?

Just like what Disney/Marvel is doing with The Avengers?

Just like what Sony is doing with its scant library of Spider-Man characters?

Just like what Fox is doing with...Alien/Prometheus Univ--uhm, that one is not happening.

• Like 1

Before you guys rip all of your hair out and have epic meltdowns just remember Rth's numbers are the most accurate and Deadline's are typically just guesses.

Edited by Mango

Yes Gone Girl. Cant wait to see it on monday.

I still wanna see Annabelll. I love crappyy horror films. I mean I liked Thankskilling.This cant be worse than that

Not sure why you'd compare Annabelle to Thankskilling. I haven't seen Annabelle yet, but it looks like a very different type of movie.

Gobble gobble motherfucker!

• Like 1