grim22

Weekend Estimates: Annabelle - 37.2M | Gone Girl - 38M | Equalizer - 19M | Maze Runner - 12M | Left Behind - 6.8M

This October is looking especially strong, I find that funny after people saying it would be barren.

Besides the first weekend and Fury's OW, it does look very weak.

• Like 1

Besides the first weekend and Fury's OW, it does look very weak.

Next weekend we have two potential 20m openers.

Fury has 30m potential, book of life could pull in the 20s.

Ouija could pull a large opening, high twenties to low 30s. John Wick is a potential sleeper hit.

Looks like a strong October to me.

• Like 3

I'm looking at Saturday's estimates, not Sunday. I think Saturday's actual will be much less than what the estimate indicates. I could be very wrong, or i could be right. JMHO.

Saturdays numbers are not much of a guess though. They have the data. Sunday is the guess based off of history.

Looks can be deceiving.

There is a

Gone Girl

reference in here, isn't it?

Next weekend we have two potential 20m openers.

Fury has 30m potential, book of life could pull in the 20s.

Ouija could pull a large opening, high twenties to low 30s. John Wick is a potential sleeper hit.

Looks like a strong October to me.

There is no way Alexander and Judge do 20M. Dracula won't either.

Fury I agree, Book of Like will open below ParaNorman. Best of Me should do 20M OW.

Ouija looks like crap, John Wick I agree.

The last weekend of the month :lol: 

• Like 1

I think that includes most of the big markets. Only Brazil, Italy and Spain (and China if it gets released there) are left, so the over performance in Portugal was a fluke.

That seems really bad then

• Like 1

There is a

Gone Girl

Fury I agree, Book of Like will open below ParaNorman. Best of Me should do 20M OW.

I thought Annabelle looked like crap, and yet, here we are.

• Like 2

There is a

Gone Girl

Just like a jedi never deals in absolutes neither does box office. Saying there is no way Judge can make 20 mill is very silly.
  • Like 2

I thought Annabelle looked like crap, and yet, here we are.

Annabelle was the doll from the most beloved horror movie of the last 10 years. It really didn't matter how it looked, it was gonna do big numbers either way. 

• Like 1

Should be close to 50

Universal may have a problem.

My biggest concern here is that they will scrap the movie from the Monsters Universe and with it Luke Evans and Charles Dance. I really hope they use both of them in future movies.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 2

I guess we can play up the conjuring connection. but it's only the focus of like two scenes in that movie, right? I hardly remember the Annabelle stuff. If we got a movie about the dog from The Conjuring is 30m+ opening possible?

• Like 2

Annabelle was the doll from the most beloved horror movie of the last 10 years. It really didn't matter how it looked, it was gonna do big numbers either way. 

Yeah but coming so close to the original? Also seems to have strong WOM since it wasn't fronloaded.

Edited by James

I guess we can play up the conjuring connection. but it's only the focus of like two scenes in that movie, right? I hardly remember the Annabelle stuff. If we got a movie about the dog from The Conjuring is 30m+ opening possible?

Everyone remembers the doll from the Conjuring. 

• Like 1