grim22

Weekend Estimates: Annabelle - 37.2M | Gone Girl - 38M | Equalizer - 19M | Maze Runner - 12M | Left Behind - 6.8M

Excellent for Annabelle. 

Not surprised with The Good Lie tanking. It had no marketing.

Also its release was very very limited, among with the lack of marketing, which didn't help.

Edited by Pokearcher

I dont get it. Why would Perry have a problem with Fincher?

He's tough on actors and can drive some nuts with his incessant takes and micromanaging down to their diets.  But at least Perry didn't have to have his nipples pierced so he got off easy.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 3

He's tough on actors and can drive some nuts with his incessant takes and micromanaging down to their diets. But at least Perry didn't have to have his nipples pierced so he got off easy.

But if Perry didn't know Fincher then he wouldn't have known that. Perry also being an actor should know the reputations of popular directors for his own good.

It'd be like working as a research physicist and not even being familiar with the name of Erik Drexler then.

Or being an NFL player who doesn't know Tom Brady.

Fincher's been up for quite a few Oscars and made a lot of well known films, he is definitely up there in directors you should know.

Physicist learn from Dr experience, study him. Bradys name is almost everywhere and frankly unavoidable. Tyler Perry doesn't do anything that would put him in a position to learn who David Fincher is. And he gets by not knowing amazingly well.

Now, If he didn't know who Adam Sandler, Seth Rogen, or Will Packer was, I would be shocked.

I doubt Fincher knew who Tyler Perry was before he met him. So it goes both ways. 

The funny thing about this is that Perry has been  an Academy member since 2009, Fincher was nominated twice for director (Benjamin Button, Social Network) since 2009. So all this means is that Perry must not take his membership or craft seriously.(lol)

Edited by babz06
  • Like 6

Exhibitor Relations @ERCboxoffice · 2m 2 minutes ago

Fox's bollywood flick, BANG BANG, opened w/ $25.4M worldwide, including $1.3M in North America.

0 replies

Exhibitor Relations @ERCboxoffice · 4m 4 minutes ago

GONE GIRL delivered $24.6M from 39 markets overseas. UK ($6.9M) OZ ($4.6M) RUS ($3M) GER ($2.8M)

Good OS start for GG. I wonder if it can come close to Fincher biggest OS hit "Se7en". And where is TMR OS update...I need my TMR fix now.

Edited by sfran43

I doubt Fincher knew who Tyler Perry was before he met him. So it goes both ways.

The funny thing about this is that Perry has been an Academy member since 2009, Fincher was nominated twice for director (Benjamin Button, Social Network). So all this means is that Perry must not take his membership or craft seriously.(lol)

I'd be surprised if Fincher didn't know who Perry was, just like I'm shocked Perry didn't know who Fincher was.

Both should know the big names in their field, especially since there's a good chance of the two working together or coming across each other in the academy.

• Like 4

The funny thing about this is that Perry has been  an Academy member since 2009, Fincher was nominated twice for director (Benjamin Button, Social Network) since 2009. So all this means is that Perry must not take his membership or craft seriously.(lol)

There are plenty of academy members who don't care. Denzel has said he gives his ballot to his wife because he doesn't watch many movies.

• Like 2

He's tough on actors and can drive some nuts with his incessant takes and micromanaging down to their diets.  But at least Perry didn't have to have his nipples pierced so he got off easy.

I ve read an interview of Rosamund Pike and Fincher acted like a jerk with her with the whole weight issue. Pike says that Fincher was checking her figure and weight every day and he didn t hesitate to make insensitive comments about it.

Very classy David.

The funny thing about this is that Perry has been an Academy member since 2009, Fincher was nominated twice for director (Benjamin Button, Social Network) since 2009. So all this means is that Perry must not take his membership or craft seriously.(lol)

Going by the stories ive heard, I think a lot of people don't take their academy membership that seriously.

How do you think those DVD screeners manage to get online.

• Like 1

There are plenty of academy members who don't care. Denzel has said he gives his ballot to his wife because he doesn't watch many movies.

Yeah which is why i dont put much merit into the awards themselves. Its only fun to predict because you know its fairly predictable. 

• Like 1

I'm honestly surprised people are reading this much into Perry's quote. It's a cute little bit that plays well in entertainment articles, nothing more.

people just like to throw stones at Perry. Obviously if literally anyone else had said this it wouldn't have provoked this kind of reaction.

people just like to throw stones at Perry. Obviously if literally anyone else had said this it wouldn't have provoked this kind of reaction.

Michael Bay

Brett Ratner

Zack Snyder

Uwe Boll

Paul WS Anderson

Len Wiseman

The director of Ninja turtles

Etc

• Like 1

Michael Bay

Brett Ratner

Zack Snyder

Uwe Boll

Paul WS Anderson

Len Wiseman

The director of Ninja turtles

Etc

Unlike those guys I kinda have a degree of respect for Perry. The man was homeless and built an empire (built on exploiting stereotypes, and followers of the Christian faith, but still).