Noctis

La La Land | Now Playing | Record-Tieing 14 Oscar Noms and Record-Breaking 16 BOFFY Noms

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I love that the grandma says that she'd beat his ass if she didn't think she was gonna be arrested. I think the cops would've let you, honey. :lol:

I love how he just doesn't care that he did something like that. Seven year old me would be terrified. 19 year old me would be terrified

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Probably 1,000+ on Christmas Day. It's expanding to 200 theaters next weekend.

hmm I see, that's a very lose definition of "everywhere".. :( but hope when it's expanded to its max it hits 3000+. think most of the award baits do about 2700~2800.

9 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

I jUST love that the arrogant jerk, Miles Teller, is not associated with this film. His oscar hopeful bombed and vanished without a trace. The only way he will have any career is if he establishes a great relation with a filmmaker just like Michael B jordan has with Ryan Coogler. Without Ryan, Michael won't have Fruitvale station, Creed and Black Panther on his resume. He gets work cuz they are great buds.

Learn something from Michael if you want to survive in Hollywood

Teller is one of the rare actors I would actively root for to fail. The sad part is he has talent, but I don't think there has ever been a more apparent douche in the public spotlight ever. I can usually separate the person from the actor, but he is entirely intolerable for me and yeah he would have wrecked this movie. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, yjs said:

hmm I see, that's a very lose definition of "everywhere".. :( but hope when it's expanded to its max it hits 3000+. think most of the award baits do about 2700~2800.

I mean, there's absolutely no way Lionsgate of all studios is getting this thing on 3000 screens before Oscar nominations. There are so many movies on so many screens. I'll be surprised if they can manage 1,500+ by Christmas. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Teller is one of the rare actors I would actively root for to fail. The sad part is he has talent, but I don't think there has ever been a more apparent douche in the public spotlight ever.  I can usually separate the person from the actor, but he is entirely intolerable for me and yeah he would have wrecked this movie. 

Ummm, Shia LaBeouf maybe?:P

43 minutes ago, Incarnadine said:

Ummm, Shia LaBeouf maybe?:P

well at least Shia is a human meme and there's some fun in that.. Teller however... ?  oh, his blond hairdo was quite hilarious, tho. hahaha. that's entertainment. 

6 hours ago, filmlover said:

Fully expecting SAG to nominate this for Ensemble even though Gosling and Stone are the only people who do anything in the movie. Because it's something they would do.

Braveheart is the only Best Picture winner that wasn't nominated for Ensemble. I guess La La Land will be closest in spirit to Million Dollar Baby where the "ensemble" they nominated was just Eastwood, Swank and Freeman (though with LLL they'll probably include everyone who's at least somewhat known, so it'll be 6-7 people).

I expect Manchester to win SAG this year, anyway. With a possible Moonlight upset. Also, they better fucking nominate Hell or High Water.