grim22

The Box Office Mojo issues thread. Brad Brevet is the new editor, the Simanton reign is over.

I suppose if they were going to do a comprehensive redesign this wouldn't be the worst time to do it. If the three weeks thing is to be believed, they'd get it up right before the Interstellar/BH6 opening.

Still sucks that they're playing the "not at liberty to discuss" card, though.

• Like 1

The past 24 hours of baseless speculation would have been averted if they had just come out and immediately said "This is what we're doing, this is why we're doing it, reach out to us for comments and we will promptly answer any questions you have." No stealth redirect to IMDB, no cryptic message on BOM homepage for the previous 12 hours; just an up-to-date, honest and comprehensible message on the BOM page, duplicated on Facebook and Twitter, with prompt updates at such time as there is a new development. You know, like reasonable, civilized human beings.

At this rate I wouldn't be surprised to find out that IMDb was currently being run entirely by HAL 9000. Or Nomad from Star Trek. Or Skynet. It feels like this whole thing is being run by some kind of machine.

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 6

I've been on IMDBPro since 2008, since I've been a top 250 contributor for the last 7 years (and I hope to make the list this year - I haven't done much contributing, but I'll step it up; and I can even afford the $150 if I don't make it - but I'm sure as heck gonna try)

So if I'm needed to steal any numbers, I'll do it. :)

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 5

I've been on IMDBPro since 2008, since I've been a top 250 contributor for the last 7 years (and I hope to make the list this year - I haven't done much contributing, but I'll step it up; and I can even afford the $150 if I don't make it - but I'm sure as heck gonna try)

Just a question, what features do you get with IMDB pro that you don't get with regular IMDB?

• Like 2

I don't know, I don't use them very often. The big thing I used was being able to edit credits for companies through the company's page, rather than having to edit the company credits for each individual title. Company filmographies are much better laid out (the company filmography pages on free IMDB are still a legacy of the original 1990s design, no grouping of TV episodes by series since it predates TV episode coverage)

Oh, it also gives more access to info about films that are in development.

I honestly am not sure - it is mostly intended for industry people, stuff like being able to post your own resumes and demo reels, and other features like that?

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 2

I went there earlier this morning and it didn't redirect to IMDB like it does now. I don't remember it word for word but there was a blank webpage with a little message that said they were working on getting it back up. So I'm sure it will be back.

Proably a crazy DOS attack or system glitch.. I see no reason with all the advertising  revenue Mojo generates on why it would be shut down. I think it should be back within days. Now there could be a ploy to make people pay for all this boxoffice tracking features though. I hope not.. Rumours also that same will be happening with FB soon charging a monthly fee as well.

Everyone is trying to milk their cash cows, in these tuff times.. ouch!

Edited by Superman001

We need to start accepting that BOM will become a part of IMDb Pro. 

Hasnt been confirmed. Dont put energy on that.. BOM could still be a free source of glorius BO information my friend.

They are saying FB will soon be charging to make cash off all the fanpages and business and personal pages guys like me and millions of others run.

I hope they not trying to force cash out of us to track BO on good ole reliable mojo. Wow

been part of that site  since Spiderman 1

• Like 1

OK, while I can't speak to anything regarding BOM since we have still learned nothing, I do know that Facebook going pay is a completely false rumor/hoax that has been floating around for literally years.

I remember some time in 2011 or 2012 an instance of the rumor really took off and FB had to come out and specifically say "This is not really happening, it's a hoax."

• Like 1

OK, while I can't speak to anything regarding BOM since we have still learned nothing, I do know that Facebook going pay is a completely false rumor/hoax that has been floating around for literally years.

I remember some time in 2011 or 2012 an instance of the rumor really took off and FB had to come out and specifically say "This is not really happening, it's a hoax."

That maybe changing.. Many millionaires made off FB fanpages and FB didnt get anything, so they may start charging for use of your fanpages/business pages for instance.

Heck even to make sure your ad reaches more of your own thousands of friends, you have to pay now on FB.

Changes are in the win my friend.. They may have planned this long ago, but it wasnt the time. Dont expect tons of stuff to be free on FB for much longer.

I will be forced to pay, because I run a huge LOA and work at home club on FB.. Ouch. Just hope its not too crazy if its a monthly thing or yearly thing.

Thank you Tservo friend.. And where from again :)