grim22

The Box Office Mojo issues thread. Brad Brevet is the new editor, the Simanton reign is over.

I would love to be optimistic, but we must face the reality that BOM may never come back.

Agreed, but you know Law of Attraction my friend put our minds on a positive outcome to help make it so.. It may also comeback

as a paid option -ouch. But heck if its just 5-10.00 a month I would pay for that.

Ok lets summarize:

BOM disappeared sometime on Friday?

Sometime Friday night, it began redirecting to IMDB.

There have been no posts by someone at BOM from either their Twitter or Facebook accounts since this happened. which are normally very active.

No official word on what happened except speculation.

HTTP headers indicate the redirection may be temporary.

Speculation:

Except the last point above, indications are BOM is gone. BOM disappearing is one thing but the fact their Twitter and Facebook accounts are quiet too is a big concern. (NormallyBOM posts Friday estimates by now)

The headers could still mean anything. So no idea.

• Like 1

I don't want to sound melodramatic, but if Mojo is gone for good, who is still gonna give a shit about following the boxoffice?  I've seriously considered "eh, fuck it" and moving on to other things.

Pretty much. That site was soooo comprehensive.

I don't want to sound melodramatic, but if Mojo is gone for good, who is still gonna give a shit about following the boxoffice?  I've seriously considered "eh, fuck it" and moving on to other things.

My passion for movies is too deep for me give up on following box office altogether.

• Like 1

So have I. It's weird how sometimes an interest in dependent on one thing, and when you lose that one thing you lose the interest.

I do feel like something has to fill the void. On the Interwebs, when something gets shut down, something always replaces it. Hell, thanks to Internet Archive (and the data available on other sites) we have enough data to build our own historical database if we so choose.

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 1