grim22

The Box Office Mojo issues thread. Brad Brevet is the new editor, the Simanton reign is over.

PM's not just a 10, but more like an 11. TT is 5; he can actually help teams win, but he isn't that good. 

The Numbers can do a good job, but it's never going to be BOM. 

If I am not going to get BOM back, I am okay living with this.

• Like 1

Honestly, right now the silence is deafening.

If this was just a normal server issue(like the "virus" that took down the forums), then we'd have heard something from Ray or somebody by now.

I'm telling you, the lack of a response is more telling than anything. Mojo is gone(or they're just F-ing with us all).

• Like 10

Fuck you imdb

First the forums, with NO warning, and now the whole site?!  That was the most amazing, valuable resource for anyone interested in box office or future film releases.  

The end of an era if true.

Edited by Hunch
  • Like 10

I mean the chart adjuster thing, all the genres database, all those years of box office, the point blank impossible to find anywhere else international numbers, all those features, all gone?!  Fuck this shit

• Like 3

Honestly, right now the silence is deafening.

If this was just a normal server issue(like the "virus" that took down the forums), then we'd have heard something from Ray or somebody by now.

I'm telling you, the lack of a response is more telling than anything. Mojo is gone(or they're just F-ing with us all).

They already fucked us bareback. 

• Like 3

For the record, Box Office Mojo was a 4-5 person company when it sold in 2008 (Gray founded it solo while attending USC, not in Burbank; I joined in 2002 as Managing Partner). In any case, saying the site was absorbed into IMDb is premature. It could very well be a server outage and they are doing that as a stop-gap (though I have no inside knowledge). If it's truly gone, RIP.

Sean Salsbury having the NERVE to rear his toad looking head in the Wrap comments section

Where were you when the forums and CAYOM got deleted?? I will NEVER forgive you or any of those other greedy ass white men

• Like 3

Seriously fuck IMDB for staying quiet about this. I would say the same to box office mojo, but I bet IMDB is the one telling them to stay quiet. If it isn't getting shut down, they could have the decency to speak up and say so instead of leaving everyone wondering.

• Like 9