grim22

The Box Office Mojo issues thread. Brad Brevet is the new editor, the Simanton reign is over.

I imagine that plenty of Hollywood bigwigs are pissed over this right now. But I'm still giving them a slight benefit of the doubt that they are retooling the site or some other issues and have set up IMDB as a temporary parking page. We'll see what happens the next few days.

• Like 2

Maybe one of them will set up a new site. I can imagine some people in the industry itself are upset about this.

^CrispyLips

And who's to say IMDB didn't like BOM in 2008? Maybe there were sane people there back then who aren't there now (IMDB hadn't metastatized to the same degree it has now).

We should have really seen it coming, because they cut down a lot of the data they provided, like not any longer reporting accurate international numbers and going down all the time. 

• Like 1

Why not make an announcement tho? And this is really going to suck if it is gone. As otherz have mentioned, its the one site I have been to EVERY SINGLE DAY since 2001.

• Like 18

I imagine that plenty of Hollywood bigwigs are pissed over this right now. But I'm still giving them a slight benefit of the doubt that they are retooling the site or some other issues and have set up IMDB as a temporary parking page. We'll see what happens the next few days.

Between this and what happened to FG in the past few months, you must feel like you're living on a rug hitched to the back of at least two different trucks. :P

• Like 2

Why not make an announcement tho? And this is really going to suck if it is gone. As otherz have mentioned, its the one site I have been to EVERY SINGLE DAY since 2001.

Yeah, somebody really needs to say something on the matter and let people know one way or another if it is going away or not.

• Like 3

Between this and what happened to FG in the past few months, you must feel like you're living on a rug hitched to the back of at least two different trucks. :P

I welcomed my son in the world a month and a half ago. Nothing can compare to the anxiety of that life-changing day. If I survived that, I can survive everything.

• Like 13

Just looking at it logically, it doesn't make any business sense for IMDB or Amazon to just get rid of BOM. As far as the service it provides it's clearly head and shoulders above anything else. So I've got to believe it's temporary until I hear for sure otherwise. And if they are going to get rid of it for good, then I would think they'd create something similar on IMDB or IMDBpro. I mean why buy the website only to get rid of it? Doesn't make sense.

• Like 7

Just looking at it logically, it doesn't make any business sense for IMDB or Amazon to just get rid of BOM. As far as the service it provides it's clearly head and shoulders above anything else. So I've got to believe it's temporary until I hear for sure otherwise. And if they are going to get rid of it for good, then I would think they'd create something similar on IMDB or IMDBpro. I mean why buy the website only to get rid of it? Doesn't make sense.

Where they not the same people that got rid of the best forum out there in it's time? 

• Like 2

I welcomed my son in the world a month and a half ago. Nothing can compare to the anxiety of that life-changing day. If I survived that, I can survive everything.

Oh, first I heard of that. Congratulations...now get to work. :P

• Like 1