grim22

The Box Office Mojo issues thread. Brad Brevet is the new editor, the Simanton reign is over.

Yeah, I've visited them before. The main advantage they had was tracking DVD sales and a record of the largest budgets. But they don't have international numbers, they don't have the quick sorting tools BOM had, and they don't keep track of release date changes.

But I guess they're the best we have right now. *Sigh*

They do report international numbers in a weekly basis and in each movies page you can find it's total international numbers. With release date changes they report them as news and don't have page for them I think. You can't set up many things the way you want, but they still have a lot of data. 

If it is going to go down, we should at least celebrate by talking about what our favorite BOM moments were: 

Mine: 
Finding the site while looking for ROTS' Box Office was life changing. 
Finding the Forums. 
Finding CAYOM. 
The wait for IJ4 to come out 
TDK's BO Run
The Summer of 2009 
Inception's BO Run

Honorable Mention
Avatar (I hated being wrong about it, but who couldn't like a film breaking the record). 

• Like 3

UGH what's also annoying is that they did this right before the Wknd numbers. You could have at least done it on Monday/Tuesday. But not on FREAKIN Friday!

In a dream world this would all be a ploy to drive up the value of BOM and then Amazon would offer it to the highest bidder.

That's a far better way to make money than IMDb pro subscriptions. WTF?

• Like 1

I'm thinking about what kind of backlash this could cause against Amazon. They might be losing a lot of customers out of protest over this whole ordeal.

BOM's huge in the BO world and maybe even the movie world, but in Amazon's world, it's nothing. I doubt they'll lose a lot of customers over it. 

Edited by Dark Jedi Master 007
  • Like 1

If it is going to go down, we should at least celebrate by talking about what our favorite BOM moments were: 

Mine: 

Finding the Forums. 

Finding CAYOM. 

TDK's BO Run

The Summer of 2009 

Inception's BO Run

Honorable Mention

Avatar (I hated being wrong about it, but who couldn't like a film breaking the record). 

Inception's BO Run

and many more, but I don't remember them all now... 

• Like 1

BOM's huge in the BO world and maybe even the movie world, but in Amazon's world, it's nothing. I doubt they'll lose a lot of customers over it. 

If they won't lose many customers over this then how many could they possibly gain for IMDb pro?

I'm trying to figure out a motive here.

• Like 1

Mine: 

Finding the Forums. 

Finding CAYOM. 

TDK's BO Run

The Summer of 2009 

Inception's BO Run

Honorable Mention

Pretty much all of 09 really, that shit was sustained insanity

Summer 06 war

Summer 2011 battles

TDK run was the shit

• Like 1