CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

Snyder being involved in a SUperman Movie would be a horrid mistake given how many fanys dislike what he did with SUpes.

He can be "involved" similar to how Chris Nolan was "involved" in BvS ;)

Saying Snyder is on board keeps the small but extremely vocal fanbase of his on-board. I do think they need a big name director for whatever the next Superman film is, though. The director choice really affects internet and digital hype. 

History has not only been kind to Snyder but extremely kind to Cavill. The response to rumors of his return was huge to the point WB's hand was likely forced.

Edited by excel1

12 hours ago, belblazer said:

Cavill is again on the TTs just because of the Sherlock Holmes trailer. He has been in a constant hype on social media.

Cavill's name is everywhere after The Witcher. This guy's career has blew up and it keeps on rising yet WB doesn't realize  they have a goldmine  on their hands.Hopefully this will change in 4 days.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Cavill's name is everywhere after The Witcher. This guy's career has blew up and it keeps on rising yet WB doesn't realize  they have a goldmine  on their hands.Hopefully this will change in 4 days.

I likie Cavill,k but acting like the Witcher was a massive sucess which boodted his career into the stratopsher is silly,

1 hour ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

If Cavill isn't announced back at fandome, who is to blame WB or his agents?

Since I get that everyone means MOS2 I would say WB.

Cavill, and his agents, finalized the contract with WB like a month ago.It's up to WB to greenlight the solo Superman movie with him.

That being said I think we are getting something Superman related but not a MOS 2 announcement.

• Knock It Off 1

On 8/15/2020 at 7:10 PM, dudalb said:

Snyder being involved in a SUperman Movie would be a horrid mistake given how many fanys dislike what he did with SUpes.

Superman Returns and the remade Justice League were a mistake. MOS and BVS were profitable. Facts are facts.

Just because a movie made some profit doesn't mean that it was successful. MoS and BvS bombed critically and commercially speaking. BvS was literally expected to gross the double of what it actually did and MoS BO was far from a huge number for the character's caliber but an improvement compared to the previous releases. But when we look at the $225 million budget and $40 million profit, it's rubbish (it's half of Shazam's profit even with nearly double in BO). Not to mention the fact that BvS profit wasn't even top 10 in 2016.

BvS was responsible for everything that went wrong with the franchise. It all didn't worked. We can blame WB of course because they in fact have part in this but Snyder never was the best option to operate our universe. His vision and direction were rejected by the GA and lots of fans it was clear.

• Like 1

MOS was conceptual and casting grand slam that needed one more draft to streamline the 3rd act and then fucked over but dogshit direction. 

Edited by excel1

Pains me greatly to say this but they're getting very, very close to the timeframe where Cavill himself likely too old the play the character which feels beyond crazy to say.