CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

21 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

With a Green Lantern project in the works I highly doubt it.

Uh, you do know there are an number of Green Lanterns in the DC Universe?

Hell, are a number of Human Green Lanterns.It

s like an army, one gets killed, you put another in his or her place.

Just now, dudalb said:

Uh, you do know there are an number of Green Lanterns in the DC Universe?

Hell, are a number of Human Green Lanterns.It

s like an army, one gets killed, you put another in his or her place.

I hope Guy doesn’t get killed. He needs to be sucker punched by Batman first.

Guy_Gardner_KTFO.jpg

2 hours ago, ChipDerby said:

I forgot that Fillion was in TSS and died, LMAO.

Still better than Marvel having two characters played by Gemma Chan

Why, oh why, do fanboys don;t get that it is just an actor playing a role?

I have no problem with Marvel Studios having a repotoire company going, where actors play a number of different roles,

1 minute ago, ZattMurdock said:

I hope Guy doesn’t get killed. He needs to be sucker punched by Batman first.

Guy_Gardner_KTFO.jpg

I supsect the Fillon GL role is a one time appreance. Don't know if he is killed or not.

I admit, one of dream DC projects is to film the 1970 O Neill/Adams Green Lantern/Green Arrow stories, most definently keeping the 1970's setting.That series estabalished Green Arrow as a anti establihsment type, who clashes with the conservative Green Lantern.

5 hours ago, Cap said:

I would argue that he is might worse thing to happen to comics since the collapse in the 1990s. I stopped reading DC Comics after the New 52 because of him and Dan Didio. I VIVIDLY remember that Comic Con when Didio was like “who should be hire?” when someone commented at a Q&A “you should hire more women”. That was when Gail Simone was their ONLY female writer out of 52 titles. 

His inability to let the legacy characters thrive really bothered me. He was just such a Hal and Barry fanboy, and talked about that being “his GL and Flash” when you had an entire generation growing up on Wally and Kyle. It was asinine.

That because Marvel’s comic division seems incapable of getting in line with the MCU. I don’t know who to blame here whether it is Joe Q or Kevin, but it’s so so so maddening when they do shit like “The Marvels is releasing this November, but don’t worry about buying Ms. Marvel’s comic, cause she is dead!”

Or when Steve had NEVER been more popular, and they were like “What if he was Hydra?” (This is when I stopped buying Marvel Comics. Absolutely unforgivable.)

I’m not advocating for the comics to be like a same universe, extension of the MCU. But there needs to be some synergy involved. And I know they’re capable of doing it, because after Iron Man initially came out, they immediately pivoted to writing Tony Stark as basically RDJ. 

The HEAT movement was embarrassing. 

Just now, dudalb said:

I supsect the Fillon GL role is a one time appreance. Don't know if he is killed or not.

I admit, one of dream DC projects is to film the 1970 O Neill/Adams Green Lantern/Green Arrow stories, most definently keeping the 1970's setting.That series estabalished Green Arrow as a anti establihsment type, who clashes with the conservative Green Lantern.

I mean, if the Green Lanterns HBO series features John and Hal, it could always feature Guy too. If anything for him to be sucker punched. Weekly. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Kinda funny Gunn makes a Superman movie and still manages to cram it with as many obscure to the mainstream characters as possible

It’s funny how people don’t recognize them and then there is a bunch of nerds online saying "yep, this is the JLI" lol.

Isn't this rumored to take place in a universe where superheroes are already established and not something to be discovered? In that case it makes sense to have a few characters (also potentially locked in for future projects) that Clark/Superman (and Lois, being the star reporter that she is) would interact with. 

Good day for NoHo Hank! We're probably about to get a couple of casting announcements for all movies well into development in the next few hours as final deals are being locked in before a potential SAG strike temporarily disrupts the industry.

• Like 1

I think it's a good route to take. We have established heroes who've been doing this for a while and they've grown more jaded and cynical. Then Superman shows up and he upends the typical superhero by being way more powerful, but inspires hope the other heroes never did. 

Edited by GambitPool

1 minute ago, GambitPool said:

I think it's a good route to take. We have established heroes who've been doing this for a while and they've grown more jaded and cynical. Then Superman shows up and he upends the typical superhero by being way more powerful, but inspires hope the other heroes never did. 

Yeah I love Hawkgirl, Mister Terrific, Metamorpho and even Gardner, or at least I love to hate Gardner, but one character trait I wouldn’t immediately see on them is inspiring. The best I can say is that Shayera is a bad ass warrior and Mister Terrific is a genius, almost Reed Richards levels of genius.

2 hours ago, dallas said:

I love how people pretend to be shocked by the fact that a movie setting up a new universe... has more than one character from that universe. It's also hilarious how people think that three supporting characters are going to steal the spotlight from Superman. Like, come on. You're being ridiculous.

4 so far. And none of them are superman characters or villains. 

55 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Just now, Krissykins said:

4 so far. And none of them are superman characters or villains. 

All of them played major parts in Justice League International. Kinda wish that ‘Penny’ in Blue Beetle could be revealed to be Beatriz da Costa, aka Fire. Bruna Marquezine is talented enough for a role like this and arguably I couldn’t see a better Brazilian actress to play that role. It’s not like Blue Beetle "needs" a Mary Jane insert. If anything maybe that’s what he doesn’t need.

9 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Kinda funny Gunn makes a Superman movie and still manages to cram it with as many obscure to the mainstream characters as possible

Which isn't a bad thing. Gunn has said in the past that DC Studios aims to use DC's golden heroes to prop up the lesser known characters. Now, that doesn't mean that Superman is going to be overshadowed in his own movie, but don't expect him to be the only player in a world of metahumans.

• Like 1