CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

3 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

He has better hair. Also it’s not like Superman doesn’t look a lot like Cavill either way so yeah both look a lot like Superman.

I'd have preferred a Brandon Routh look, but that's just my preference. Anyway, Bill S is a great get and Emma too

9 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Why you don't like Bill? He's more menacing than his brother

He's also a much more boring actor, whose bad guy performances so far have ranged from serviceable to outright boring. If he's Lex then I'm sure we're gonna get another forgettable, eccentric weirdo bad guy. Even besides that, he doesn't fit Lex at all - feels like eisenberg 2.0. Even Hoult's a stronger actor, and better fit. Alexander feels pretty perfect for the role though - he's an exciting actor who's continuously doing interesting work, he just played a douchebag CEO incredibly well on TV, and we'll finally get a physically imposing Lex on-screen with him

14 minutes ago, TMP said:

He's also a much more boring actor, whose bad guy performances so far have ranged from serviceable to outright boring. If he's Lex then I'm sure we're gonna get another forgettable, eccentric weirdo bad guy. Even besides that, he doesn't fit Lex at all - feels like eisenberg 2.0. Even Hoult's a stronger actor, and better fit. Alexander feels pretty perfect for the role though - he's an exciting actor who's continuously doing interesting work, he just played a douchebag CEO incredibly well on TV, and we'll finally get a physically imposing Lex on-screen with him

Why does Lex Luthor need to be physically imposing? 

Been having a strong feeling for a while that Emma Mackey is likely to end up as Lois considering she already has a supporting role in a much-buzzed WB project (Barbie) about to be released.

Personally I'm most intrigued by which acting veterans Gunn will get to be in this.

• Like 2

#AnyoneButNicHoult

Emma Mackey would be a nice choice. Brosnahan is immensely talented and I'd love to see her, too, but feels she's maybe not in the running

The Lex shortlist is bleak, especially considering Gunn's first choice was Bradley Cooper

Gunn is usually strong at casting, so it's deflating some of these choices aren't more inspired

9 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Why does Lex Luthor need to be physically imposing? 

It's one of his defining characteristics that's never been translated into live-action - that he's near physical peak but still not enough to even come close to Superman

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, TMP said:

It's one of his defining characteristics that's never been translated into live-action - that he's near physical peak but still not enough to even come close to Superman

I wouldn’t call it a defining characteristic. Lex Luthor was initially portrayed as a mad scientist, and plenty of artists have drawn him as fairly slim. Eisenberg’s Lex in particular resembles the one from Superman: Birthright. Sure, Lex has been depicted as physically imposing before, particularly in All Star Superman and the DC Animated Universe, but it’s not really a constant for the character. 

Edited by WittyUsername