CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

2 minutes ago, Maggie said:

I loved it. I'm refering to the Rachel girl. I wanted emma. Rachel reminds me too much of Amy Adams

Brosnahan's the more exciting casting of the two!

• Like 3

Just now, TMP said:

Brosnahan's the more exciting casting of the two!

I have not watched her show, but from a purely aestethic viewpoint i preffered Emma. I don't really care how great of an actress Rachel is. Amy Adams is a powerhouse actress and she didn't make an impression in this role

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Give Nicolas Hoult Lex Luthor. I think he can pull that off really well, he has that little bit of "aristocratic douche" aura to him, or maybe i have just seen The Great too much. 

You can't give us Hoult Lex after having teased the prospect of Lukas Matsson Lex or, even before that, BCoop in Jon Peters mode Lex. I'd take him over Pennywise though

It's all about the chemistry and Amy Adams and Henry had none. This new Superman guy reminds me too much of Cavill and the Rachel girl reminds me of Amy...

I'm gonna say something maybe controversial, but i think actors who resemble eachother have better chemistry, that's why i preferred David with Emma

2 minutes ago, TMP said:

I mean, he would be miscast on both roles. Hell, he was miscast as Beast too. But so was everyone on the First Class era other than McAvoy and Fassbender, so he didn’t really stand out. But all those casting choices were bad, including J-Law. He would make a decent Lex, I think. Maybe IDK, Apollo or Midnighter, if he truly wants to play a superhero archetype again.

Now that it's over, was there a particular reason this whole casting process was so public?

Don't really remember the lead-up to either Holland or Pattinson being cast but I think there wasn't so much inside info and so heavily reported.

Felt like Gunn was a casting round away from doing a LeBron The Decision tv special to anounce who's gonna be Superman.