CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

Just now, kayumanggi said:

I very much agree. I would slightly lean towards Bill here, though.

Must be odd for them to be for the same role considering there's a nearly 15 year age difference between them lol. But yeah, Bill seems the more likely of the two to get it.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I would like them to go the route of Lex hiding his evil deeds and portraying this facade that he's Metropolis's favourite son and it's the Daily Planet via Superman that ends up ruining his image. 

That’s basically what Luthor was during Post-Crisis Man of Steel era. And I agree, that’s the kind of role that Luthor should play here, and judging by Gunn’s own political visions and how outspoken he is with it, I could see the Musk / Trump parallels.

53 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Must be odd for them to be for the same role considering there's a nearly 15 year age difference between them lol. But yeah, Bill seems the more likely of the two to get it.

idk, Gunn's a big Succession fan and Alexander is both a stronger actor and looks more like Luthor.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TMP said:

idk, Gunn's a big Succession fan and Alexander is both a stronger actor and looks more like Luthor.

I think the biggest difference between the 2 brothers is that Alexander's Luthor will be the low key evil type but Bill's will be more overtly evil just based on the similar roles they have played before in their careers.

Bill did well playing against type in Barbarian (that poor dude lol). Obviously we don't know what Gunn has up his sleeve yet but it's reasonable to assume that what he has in mind isn't the odd "Zuckerberg Lex" characterization that was clearly the basis for Eisenberg's portrayal.

25 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I think the biggest difference between the 2 brothers is that Alexander's Luthor will be the low key evil type but Bill's will be more overtly evil just based on the similar roles they have played before in their careers.

Bill's always way hammier than Alexander. Even in Godzilla vs Kong, Alex felt more subdued than Bill did in Wick 4. The rumors of him are bringing back Eisenberg vibes in a way that even Hoult didn't

1 hour ago, TMP said:

From the True Blood’s Eric days alone I could say that older Skarsgard would be a perfect Luthor. It’s interesting that they look alike so much that young Skarsgard to work in the DCU would need to be Swamp Thing or anything that didn’t make them be at a same room together though.

26 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I don’t see how there would be a Jesse Eisenberg vibe from Bill Skarsgard as Lex Luthor. I think it would be more like his character in John Wick 4. 

THIS! I loved him JW4. I don't get the Jesse Eisenberg vibe at all

33 minutes ago, TestPattern said:

Apparently Corenswet has a giant dong, so there is that.

do we want to know where this info comes from ? is some chick making him the next Zion williamson on twitter?